Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hack Forums down?
(08-10-2011, 01:17 AM)Mark Zuckerberg Wrote: Still, what if it's being ddos'd which is nearly impossible, wouldn't you like to know?

As far as my knowledge it wasn't planned, and I'm quite scared, this is the easiest place to get an answer.

I get it's against the rules, but I wub it.

Still, by not posting here for the answer, it's still not going to guarantee that you'll never know. Omni usually posts a reason for the down time as soon as the site is up again. So what's the difference in knowing then, when the site is actually up, as opposed to when it's down and causing spam here?

In the end, the site:

a) Was still down for the same amount of time
b) Would have, and will be up and running at the same time

Posting here only gives you assumptions and rumours anyway since Omni isn't all that active (He's the only one that can really tell you why it's down too).

When the site's up, you'll know the real answer anyway which will get you away from all the rumours you've heard.

If it was DDoS'd, I don't see how there's a difference in attempting to learn that before the site is up and running though. Even if you find out, there's nothing you can do. And you'll still probably find out again later when Omni gets the thing back online.

lol All i'm saying is just keep this forum decent. There's no reason why there should be threads here about HF if you think about it. If you don't know what happened to the site, what are the chances that anyone else will know? Unless there's a close friend of Omni's that happens to be an active forum user here that we don't know about, no one will know until Omni wants to tell.

I've been wanting to try and explain this to a lot of people that post about HF downtime here. Just trying to keep the unnecessary threads to a minimum if I can. I doubt i'll ever succeed since there's so many members on HF that i'd have to educate with my perspective on this, but hopefully it will get a few people to see it in a different light. It truthfully doesn't do any good. I don't hate HF, I have had a member donate L33T to me there, but I do have a very analytical mind to think in depth like this.
Just listen to Ace.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android Hack Forum is out! InfamousKnight 7 1,429 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: InfamousKnight