Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.net AxShockwave Error
(08-04-2011, 01:38 AM)Ace Wrote: Here's what I did as a test project:

Code on Form1:
Code:
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Form2.show()
    End Sub

Code on Form2:
Code:
Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim VideoLink As String = "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeJ6-gN0eB4"
        Dim VideoID As String = VideoLink.Replace("/watch?v=", "/v/")
        MyVideo.Movie = VideoID 'MyVideo is the shockwave object name
    End Sub

You know why it's not working? Because you have reference DLL's in the Debug folder for the shockwave object. That you need with the program. In debug mode it runs the application from the Debug folder.

Interop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll
AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll

Both of those are in the debug folder, what would I do from here now that we know the cause?
[Image: 2.png]
(08-04-2011, 01:43 AM)alabama Wrote: Interop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll
AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll

Both of those are in the debug folder, what would I do from here now that we know the cause?

Wherever you run the EXE from, you need to have those in the same directory as the EXE. So if you run it from your desktop. Copy those 2 files to the desktop and try again. It should work. If you distribute it, you need those 2 files with it. If you give me the 3 files, (2 dll's and EXE). I can make you an install EXE that will set it up in the program folder so that people don't have to worry about remembering to keep them all together. I'll make sure they stay together.

Take my offer, otherwise, just keep them together whenever you run the EXE.
(08-04-2011, 01:51 AM)Ace Wrote: Wherever you run the EXE from, you need to have those in the same directory as the EXE. So if you run it from your desktop. Copy those 2 files to the desktop and try again. It should work. If you distribute it, you need those 2 files with it. If you give me the 3 files, (2 dll's and EXE). I can make you an install EXE that will set it up in the program folder so that people don't have to worry about remembering to keep them all together. I'll make sure they stay together.

Take my offer, otherwise, just keep them together whenever you run the EXE.
Sent the files via private message. Thanks
Here's the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wh1lu57bnfqt0ta
(08-04-2011, 03:12 AM)Ace Wrote: Here's the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wh1lu57bnfqt0ta

Thanks SOO much Smile!
A mod can close this thread.
No problem, it allows for a start menu entry creation as well. Default install location should be in your programs folder with all 3 files linked together, and a shortcut can be created to the exe on the desktop.