Support Forums

Full Version: .net AxShockwave Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Posting this here for a quick answer. When I try to load a form with a AxShockwaveFlashObject I get this error:
[Image: 6acaa4954ae39be4eed0b35b94b8c99c.png]

It works fine when I execute the file from my bin\release folder, but if I upload and download it, I get the error.
Refer to the following code
Where is your actual form code?
(08-04-2011, 12:56 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Where is your actual form code?

Code:
Private Sub Ytube_Enter(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Ytube.Enter
        Dim videoID As String = VideoLink
            videoID = videoID.Replace("/watch?v=", "/v/")
            Ytube.Movie = videoID
    End Sub

Ytube is the AxShockwaveFlashObject
You put that into form load. Not the "YTube.Enter" event. Is this all the code you have?

What are you doing with VideoLink??
(08-04-2011, 01:09 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]You put that into form load. Not the "YTube.Enter" event. Is this all the code you have?

What are you doing with VideoLink??

It'd be easier to explain via teamviewer. Do you have tv?
It works fine in debug.
No, I don't need teamviewer to help you. If I seen your code I could probably answer. If it's easier that way, then make a video of it or something.

I actually have a second guess: You aren't playing the video locally as a reference or something like that? Debug runs in the debug folder, so if you have something added in that folder that it needs to run the shockwave object, then it won't find it anywhere else.

Other than that, you're not providing me with much.
(08-04-2011, 01:21 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]No, I don't need teamviewer to help you. If I seen your code I could probably answer. If it's easier that way, then make a video of it or something.

The actual program starts up, screenshot below:

[Image: e837781a7446c8ecc32269f0ffc4e9e1.png]

That's form1, when you click Watch video, it opens up form2, and that's where the problem is.

VideoLink relays the corresponding video url from the choice the user selects
[Image: 0a4d3b9844b15d2bb89b12166db2e55a.png]

The button on form1:
Code:
Select Case ComboBox1.Text
            Case "The Pilot - 1/2"
                VideoLink = "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeJ6-gN0eB4"
                Form2.Show()
End Select

(08-04-2011, 01:21 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I actually have a second guess: You aren't playing the video locally as a reference or something like that? Debug runs in the debug folder, so if you have something added in that folder that it needs to run the shockwave object, then it won't find it anywhere else.

Other than that, you're not providing me with much.

It also works from bin\release.
Put VideoLink onto the Form2 code, not the Form1 source code. In Form Load, depending on what the index is for the combobox when it loads. I'd need to see the full code of both forms, you keep giving me snippets, but that's the way I would do it.
(08-04-2011, 01:31 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Put VideoLink onto the Form2 code, not the Form1 source code. In Form Load, depending on what the index is for the combobox when it loads. I'd need to see the full code of both forms, you keep giving me snippets, but that's the way I would do it.

I just don't understand how that'd affect the ShockwaveObject which is the main concern,

I have pmed you the full code
Here's what I did as a test project:

Code on Form1:
Code:
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Form2.show()
    End Sub

Code on Form2:
Code:
Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim VideoLink As String = "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeJ6-gN0eB4"
        Dim VideoID As String = VideoLink.Replace("/watch?v=", "/v/")
        MyVideo.Movie = VideoID 'MyVideo is the shockwave object name
    End Sub

You know why it's not working? Because you have reference DLL's in the Debug folder for the shockwave object. That you need with the program. In debug mode it runs the application from the Debug folder. Exactly like what I guessed before lol, you need to keep those references with the .exe for it to work. There should be 2 dll's.
Pages: 1 2