Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna start working out
Sounds good, thanks for the tips. I went running twice already, and worked out at home once. Tomorrow I'll work out again, my muscles kinda hurt me but nothing bad. About eating some specific food (like diary products and all), I don't intend to do that much, I don't really have the money to buy it everyday.
Well don't work out too hard, especially if you're not going to consume the calories and protein needed to repair and regenerate muscle.

The way muscle builds up is, when you work out you're actually tearing apart the cells, and then they regenerate and repair themselves using the proteins you should be consuming. So if you can't consume a lot of proteins, don't work out so much that your muscles are hurting ever day... it will end up hurting you.
Well, I eat healthy, I don't sit on my ass eating chips all day if you think I do. Everyday I have lunch, mostly chicken/vegetables/soups/potatoes/beans and things like that.
I recommend getting a gym membership.
[Image: 259.png]
(07-27-2011, 08:43 PM)Outcast Wrote: Well, I eat healthy, I don't sit on my ass eating chips all day if you think I do. Everyday I have lunch, mostly chicken/vegetables/soups/potatoes/beans and things like that.

That doesn't matter, if you don't eat according to your goals you won't gain much, if you even do gain anything at all.
Okay then. Tell me which food should I eat and how much daily? Ofcourse, it shouldn't be expensive.
I just recently started "working out" but I have been doing daily situps and pushups for a while now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKCVCZe474

You might think this is stupid, but I promise you if you constantly do this for two weeks you will have a six pack. Just go to youtube and look at different home exercises to do.
(07-28-2011, 08:04 AM)Outcast Wrote: Okay then. Tell me which food should I eat and how much daily? Ofcourse, it shouldn't be expensive.

1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day, some cheap protein sources are:
canned tuna
extra lean ground beef
milk
roasted pumpkin seeds
chicken breasts
cottage cheese

Figure out your maintenance calories (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm) and add 500 to that, that's how many total calories you want in a day.
At first, it doesn't really matter what exactly you do - it's just how much you do. Don't skip the first 5 days of working out, you'll be sore as hell, but it'll be worth it.