Support Forums

Full Version: Wanna start working out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I want to start a healthier life and get back in shape, so I decided to start working out. I "planned" to do it like this:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday >> Running (now for just 10-20 minutes, but planning to increase gradually)

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday >> Working out at home.

Can someone tell me if this is good? Also, what workouts should I do at home. I know a few and I don't have money to buy weights so I gotta do it the old fashioned way.

Also, what food should I avoid/consume before/after the workout? I'm 180cm tall and 60-62kgs, 17 years old. I can basically eat whatever I want, without gaining weight. Just wanna know what food would benefit in muscle creation xD.

Thanks
I would run, or do some sort of cardio workout every day (I use a heavy bag, and do a routine on there. If you've got a punching bag I recommend it).

Likewise, I recommend working out every day, just don't work the same muscles every day. I usually do pushups and pullups one day, then do situps/crunches/leg lifts the next day, and keep alternating every day.

Try not to consume caffeine after you work out... actually, try not to consume caffeine at all.
Make sure you consume enough carbs so that you will still have energy to be perky throughout the day. And protein is good, especially if you wanna build mass.
Calcium and vitamin D for bone strength is important too, especially if you're gonna be lifting heavy weights (I know you said you won't be, but still keep your bones healthy ;))
Its a nice plan to keep a well shaped figure.
keep it up!
Push ups
Russian twists
Lateral shoulder raises using 2 milk jugs full of water or whatever is handy
Crunches
Pull ups (if you can find something to do them off of)
Dips (once again, if you can find a good surface to do them off of)
Nice plan man. Seems like you got it down packed pretty good!

I need help on the carbs part. What would be good food to bulk me up. I am extremely skinny and I feel like its impossible for me to gain weight.

k.. here goes my wonderful information Big Grin

First thing is first.. nutrition. This is more important than working out its self.. Without giving your body what it needs you not going to see very much results. The main thing to focus on taking in if you don't wanna have to do lots of research and such is PROTEIN! Protein is simply something your body uses to repair your muscles along with many other things. Maximize your protein intake by eating lots of dairy products or maybe if you want to spend money get some protein powder. (bodybuilding.com, Supplementwarehouse.com, Your local GNC) There is so many benefits to gain by understanding nutrition. This is just a little bit of knowledge from me to you. follow what other people say about the weight lifting part and all that good stuff. I hope this post inspires you to look into nutrition, maybe to a little research of your own. Its the most important part trust me. I lift everyday and this is something I've considered studying in college. Good luck
(07-25-2011, 07:34 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Push ups
Russian twists
Lateral shoulder raises using 2 milk jugs full of water or whatever is handy
Crunches
Pull ups (if you can find something to do them off of)
Dips (once again, if you can find a good surface to do them off of)

Im going to try that, But what are russian twists?
(07-26-2011, 07:40 AM)Destruct Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to try that, But what are russian twists?
[Image: Russian-Twist.jpg]
Google is your friend Big Grin

Also, definitely listen to Swagg N. Nutrition is just as important as working out (if not more) ;)
It will be fairly difficult for you to gain majority mass from a home workout without weights. Maybe improvise and lift something that could substitute as a free weight?

Either way, your workout plan looks pretty solid. Remember to remain hydrated, and nourished throughout your plan.
With the Russian twist its defiantly important to add some weight. Try holding something around 10-15 pounds, keep a nice steady pace when you do the exercise. stop your weight just inches before it touches the floor to maximize your workouts intensity. When your doing ab work outs always try to add some resistance or weight this while help you get deep defined abs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4