Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whey Protein: GOOD or BAD?
Whey protein is not a bad substitute but it's better to get protein from your regular diet. Be sure not to take too much protein.
It's okay, just don't drink too much.
[Image: 0xWVt.png]
I think that if you use it with a measure, there shouldn't be any kind of problems as side effects.
I don't have any idea on what is meant by "whey protein" xD
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
I think it depends on how much you eat,
you can take protein shakes as supplements and
theres not really and side affects because all it really is.
I have heard a lot about whey protein. im a skinny guy and im trying to get tone or gain weight as much as i can so my dad turned me on to SOY protein. i have heard whey is better but i decided i would give it a try. i usually eat tuna, chili beans or anything with high protein amounts in it during the day, i will then work out and drink a protein shake within an hour before or after my work out. so far it has been doing wonders for me i am really looking forward to trying whey protein though.
According to my personal opinion whey protein is best for weight gain. I have also use this protein because I was thin but now after using this protein I have gain the body weight.
Cool Springs fitness boot camp
Whey protein is a dieting SUPPLEMENT. It is not some miracle formula you take to boost your muscle mass. It is a SUPPLEMENT FOR PROTEIN you may not be getting from other areas of your diet, don't let anyone else tell you different. Some also use it as a meal replacement because the protein count in each serving makes you feel quite full afterwards.

It's the equivalent of eating a few extra steaks and getting the protein. That's all.
So the point here is that it's only good if you use it right. Exercise and all that is still required, it's not an alternative for the lazy.
(07-24-2011, 11:35 AM)Depth Wrote: Just curious are you trying to get fat to turn into muscle? If so I know a couple diets you can try.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Fat and muscle are too entirely different tissues. If you're skinny and taking WP with the aim to gain mass, try increasing your regular calorie intake almost tenfold. If you have a naturally high metabolism, eating much more in general will probably be the most difficult obstacle in your training program.
Want to learn more about hacking?
jacobriggs.io

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Protein Shakes necessary? 101 18 3,268 08-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Retrotiger
  Protein for good health. Deris bovin 12 1,584 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Patrick
  Protein Shakes Fragma 30 6,695 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Frowneyface