Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whey Protein: GOOD or BAD?
(08-15-2011, 08:59 AM)Retrotiger Wrote: Yes. I'm a long time member in Bodybuilding.com. I'm currently studying Sports Medicine and getting my NASM CPT soon.

It's always better to have whole food sources rather than supplements. And supplements are literally supplements, to aid something not to be the main source.

Yea that's what Im trying to say.Supplements are good but food comes ahead of all supplements
[Image: masterfan25805212672368.png]
Strange Music
(08-14-2011, 05:55 AM)masterfan Wrote: Fat doesn't turn in muscle.First you have to burn your fat and then you can build lean muscle.

And about whey proteins.No you do not need them.Healthy diet contains enough proteins for your muscle building. So if you have healthy muscle building diet protein whey is a no.You can save a lot of money by doing that.There are some good protein wheys but they are expensive.And again, better stay to healthy nutrition instead of drinking protein shakes.

This. Don't you mean that whey is unhealthy?
[Image: 999d53.png]
‹Affordable • High Quality • Friendly Service›
‹Signatures • Banners • Thread Designs • Company Logos›

(08-15-2011, 09:45 PM)Retrotiger Wrote: This. Don't you mean that whey is unhealthy?

I haven't said its unhealthy but most of protein wheys are crap and just waste of money so it's better to stick with food.But if you have enough cash to spend on gym and all the supplements then do it.I used to drink protein shakes but I've stopped.
Strange Music
Please bro. Stop posting anymore. Since when were whey considered crap? You're purely posting complete bullshit here. Please go now.

(08-16-2011, 06:52 AM)Retrotiger Wrote: Please bro. Stop posting anymore. Since when were whey considered crap? You're purely posting complete bullshit here. Please go now.

I dont care what are you saying here and claiming to be right.How about you stop with your studying and try it on "your own skin"? Same goes with working out.
Strange Music
Goodluck with your fitness goals in 2011.

This may not sound like much of a goal. But when i started lifting weights at the beginning of the summer, i could barley max out in benches doing about 75 pounds. The other day i threw up my body weight which is two 35's on the sides. 115! i feel so accomplished. I hurt my back the other day trying to do dead lifts and i did them wrong. It's been a couple of days, and I'm trying to recover.
I have a problem similar to this. I workout decently, I lift weights, do pushups/crunches and my whole set nearly daily, and some cardio, and I seem to be getting stronger, my body is fit with an almost obvious 6 pack, but I'm skinny as hell and no matter how much I work out, my muscles don't get bigger and I don't get bigger. I know it has to do with my diet though. I'm just not sure how to change it.
(08-16-2011, 08:50 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: This may not sound like much of a goal. But when i started lifting weights at the beginning of the summer, i could barley max out in benches doing about 75 pounds. The other day i threw up my body weight which is two 35's on the sides. 115! i feel so accomplished. I hurt my back the other day trying to do dead lifts and i did them wrong. It's been a couple of days, and I'm trying to recover.

1. Always remember form > weight. It applies in any kind of situation.
2. You could easily add weight when you just start out, people refer to it as noob gains.

(08-16-2011, 10:02 PM)Chocothunda Wrote: I have a problem similar to this. I workout decently, I lift weights, do pushups/crunches and my whole set nearly daily, and some cardio, and I seem to be getting stronger, my body is fit with an almost obvious 6 pack, but I'm skinny as hell and no matter how much I work out, my muscles don't get bigger and I don't get bigger. I know it has to do with my diet though. I'm just not sure how to change it.

1. You're indeed right. If you eat less, you'll lose weight or we call it as cutting. If you eat more(surplus), then you'll get big.

Here's how you get your daily calories:
Quote:The simplest method of estimating needs is to base your intake on a standard 'calories per unit of weight (usually kilograms)'. Typically:
- 26 to 30 kcals/kg/day for normal, healthy individuals with sedentary lifestyles doing little physical activity [12.0-14 kcal/pound]
- 31 to 37 kcal/kg/day for those involved in light to moderate activity 3-5 x a week with moderately active lifestyles [14-16 kcal/ pound]
- 38 to 40 kcals/kg/day for those involved in vigorous activity and highly active jobs [16-18 kcal/ pound].

For those involved in HEAVY training (eg: athletes) - the demand is even greater:
- 41 to 50 kcals/kg/day for those involved in moderate to heavy training (for example: 15-20 hrs/ week training) [18.5-22 kcal/ pound]
- 50 or above kcals/kg/day for those involved in heavy to extreme training [> 22 kcal/ pound]

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

(08-17-2011, 12:23 AM)Retrotiger Wrote: 1. Always remember form > weight. It applies in any kind of situation.
2. You could easily add weight when you just start out, people refer to it as noob gains.

(08-16-2011, 10:02 PM)Chocothunda Wrote: I have a problem similar to this. I workout decently, I lift weights, do pushups/crunches and my whole set nearly daily, and some cardio, and I seem to be getting stronger, my body is fit with an almost obvious 6 pack, but I'm skinny as hell and no matter how much I work out, my muscles don't get bigger and I don't get bigger. I know it has to do with my diet though. I'm just not sure how to change it.

1. You're indeed right. If you eat less, you'll lose weight or we call it as cutting. If you eat more(surplus), then you'll get big.

Here's how you get your daily calories:
Quote:The simplest method of estimating needs is to base your intake on a standard 'calories per unit of weight (usually kilograms)'. Typically:
- 26 to 30 kcals/kg/day for normal, healthy individuals with sedentary lifestyles doing little physical activity [12.0-14 kcal/pound]
- 31 to 37 kcal/kg/day for those involved in light to moderate activity 3-5 x a week with moderately active lifestyles [14-16 kcal/ pound]
- 38 to 40 kcals/kg/day for those involved in vigorous activity and highly active jobs [16-18 kcal/ pound].

For those involved in HEAVY training (eg: athletes) - the demand is even greater:
- 41 to 50 kcals/kg/day for those involved in moderate to heavy training (for example: 15-20 hrs/ week training) [18.5-22 kcal/ pound]
- 50 or above kcals/kg/day for those involved in heavy to extreme training [> 22 kcal/ pound]

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Honestly i didn't get anything you just said there. Kinda confused me Confused

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Protein Shakes necessary? 101 18 3,268 08-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Retrotiger
  Protein for good health. Deris bovin 12 1,584 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Patrick
  Protein Shakes Fragma 30 6,695 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Frowneyface