Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android open source os
(10-23-2009, 10:20 AM)Codine Wrote: When is it's release date? Also, is the beta out yet? I wouldn't mind VMware it and have a play around.
i guest they have the kernel somewhere, but they say is going to be touch screen. i guest is going to be pretty nice. Pirate
Touch screen would become pretty damn annoying to be honest! Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-22-2009, 10:13 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's actually not android. It's Google Chrome OS.

It doesn't seem lame either.

Lol the android is what is used in the G1 it is an os, not a web browser. If im not mistaken on the adroid platform they used Mozilla instead of chrome.

(10-22-2009, 10:59 PM)Extasey Wrote: I skimmed over it, and i had one main question.

If the applications are on the web, where will the hard-core processing be done? On the servers? Things like video-editing as well, whats going on with that?

Also, what of those with a slow internet connection? They will not be able to use the OS! (I mean 56kb/sec out in rural areas)

I don;t really like this idea, but we'll have to see when its released!

Lol I agree. But it has already been released in a new Acer Aspire One notebook. It will be an os on the notebook and dualbooted with windows xp.
(10-23-2009, 11:18 AM)Codine Wrote: I've found this, not sure if it's real or not tho, but if it is.. Looks quite nice.

[Image: google-os-live-v2-0-0-beta-1.jpg]

nop, somebody modify fedora and put google chrome when is booting up show the little green thing on the coner because is fake...
That's MINT which is NOT Google Chroms OS. There are no screenshots.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Lmfao wow ^_^
As I said before, this isn't meant to be a primary operating system; I think Google made it for netbooks, you don't really want lots of eye-candy.etc on a 7 inch screen do you; I think Omni is right about the whole clean thing.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
Yes, its a MINT not Google Chrome OPS