Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android open source os
Anyone here like the new os android? It was originally released for the G1 and android based phones but Google decided to make it a full pc os. It seems lame because it is built around having a android based mobile phone.
It's actually not android. It's Google Chrome OS.

It doesn't seem lame either.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I have seen some screen shots. It really seems kinda boring.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
I skimmed over it, and i had one main question.

If the applications are on the web, where will the hard-core processing be done? On the servers? Things like video-editing as well, whats going on with that?

Also, what of those with a slow internet connection? They will not be able to use the OS! (I mean 56kb/sec out in rural areas)

I don;t really like this idea, but we'll have to see when its released!
It's focused towards the netbook market.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(10-22-2009, 10:32 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I have seen some screen shots. It really seems kinda boring.

What you see as boring I see as clean.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
When is it's release date? Also, is the beta out yet? I wouldn't mind VMware it and have a play around.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Ubuntu is well over ahead IMHO
(10-22-2009, 10:32 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I have seen some screen shots. It really seems kinda boring.
you just see the google chrome browser. they dont have any pictures of the OS yet..
I've found this, not sure if it's real or not tho, but if it is.. Looks quite nice.

[Image: google-os-live-v2-0-0-beta-1.jpg]
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye