Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I eat....
(07-10-2011, 08:15 PM)Mao Wrote: I agree with Josh there, but another possible explanation for your acne is the type of food you're eating. Maybe you can avoid oily foods like french fries, fried chicken, fish n' chips etc.
Hope this helps!

From some of the research i've done, as i'm a bit of a health person, is that the kind of foods doesn't have as much of an effect as people think, and it's not oily foods either. It's foods with lots of transfats, which can clog things in your system, allowing for bacterial buildup under your skin. However most of those kinds of foods are oily so that's the assumption people make.

Best way to avoid it is eating fruit. Lots of fruit is good for it.
(07-10-2011, 10:22 PM)Ace Wrote: From some of the research i've done, as i'm a bit of a health person, is that the kind of foods doesn't have as much of an effect as people think, and it's not oily foods either. It's foods with lots of transfats, which can clog things in your system, allowing for bacterial buildup under your skin. However most of those kinds of foods are oily so that's the assumption people make.

Best way to avoid it is eating fruit. Lots of fruit is good for it.

That's good and what I usually do is use really good soap and wash myself three times a day at least if I have facial issues. I suggest using those soaps that come as hand dispensers since the normal old soaps after repeated use actually build up on dirt and stuff. The dispenser sort of ones which when you press a button or something liquid comes out are really good as they do not get build up dirt and the liquid inside remains fresh. By washing your face, the oils and such on your face get removed and mix with the soap and once you wash it, the thing comes off, but not immediately. You have to keep doing it for at least a week and when your rubbing the soap and water, rub it HARD! Get angry at your skin: "AAAARRRGH!! Why do I have acne????" Best of luck XD

I wouldn't suggest scrubbing vigorously though as you can push the bacteria deeper in your skin. Never had acne problems, but I don't feel like getting it anytime soon lol, so I know a little. I think most of it is because of my diet though. I hardly eat anything that would be damaging to my health over a long term.

Some soaps have this "grit" in them that will help for cleaning deeper in your skin. I don't know what it's called though.

(07-11-2011, 12:27 AM)Ace Wrote: Look at me acting like i'm a dermatologist lol

LOL, You should make a new group: Science Nerds, ya know with Geek Squad and all.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll clean my face daily!
(07-11-2011, 08:39 PM)Rilf Wrote: Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll clean my face daily!

Tell us if what we said worked! And I hope it does work Tongue Anyways, if it doesn't then I'll see if I can dig up something else. Smile

I eat plenty of chocolate but don't get much spots, try cleaning your face with baby wipes when you wake up and before you go to sleep thats what I do.

Oh and to the point about pork giving you spots thats because meat makes you sweat more.
Start a diet, eat muesli bars, etc.
Many types of foods I eat in my meal. I eat nutritious foods that are high in calories. Many times I eat corn because it is higher in calories than green beans. Sometimes I eat pasta, bananas and many other fruits.
You should avoid processed foods, preservatives, and artificial fats. If you are active your body will burn and use up anything you eat. Cholesterol serum levels DO NOT influence hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), it is due to being Calcium deficient. 80% of Americans are Ca deficient. It's the hardest mineral to absorb, but it has more function than the rest of the minerals combined.
One of Ca functions is to maintain the pH of our blood (must be 7.2-7.4). If you are not getting Ca and eating poorly you force your body to degrade. It's taken from other parts of the body and in some cases the blood is slightly acidic where is mixes w/ O2 in the pulmonary veins and when it enters the major arteries, over time, you start to erode the walls. To prevent certain death your body will plaque cholesterol on the walls to resist the acidic medium. Over more years of poor lifestyle and malnutrition it will constrict and harden.

We are so lost today that our society routinely ignores science and if you listened, learned, and cared you would realize people are selling us out and dooming us. We are stuck on a toxic planet with the burden of WAR, overpopulation, and competition as our main sources of failure. If we collaborated, enriched, and enlightened each other there would be no stopping our quest for life. It seems pretty apparent in the next 12 years our civilization will be greatly reduced, by about 80% to famine, WAR, and disease. Those that prepare, hide, and learn to live together will be given a chance to colonize space . We are not supposed to be here, we should be half way across the Galaxy looking to find out what we are capable of.... I used to be miserable - I'd argue, teach, and show we are near the end but no one cares or thinks. But I have now realized It's gonna be a small sect of humans who learn how to respect life and learn to be a brotherhood. One planet, one country, one purpose.

"Capt. America says you better be like me.... or you're gonna wind up DEAD."

[Image: Carrying_Capacity.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often do you workout and how well do you eat? Bat Wang 2 903 10-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Bat Wang
  Interesting way to eat healthier in cities LHK 8 1,248 05-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Proaxxs-peter
  For people who eat alot, 'F R O Z E ™ 29 8,556 12-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Last Post: joyee
  What'd you eat for breakfast today? Elektrisk 185 47,864 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Weezч™
  Where's your favorite place to eat? Scalise 82 13,449 10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Prince