Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate
Because i originally only had a laptop, I wanted to be able to game on it as well, therefore I needed something powerful, which is something a netbook isnt
yeah desktop PC is always going to be faster, better for gaming, then laptops then netbooks. Laptops FTW
Funny because I bought 2 full size 17" laptops and a Kindle Fire the past 3 months.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Haha ya hypocrite ;) laptops are better i reckon
Alienware m18x was for sale during christmas, alot of people bought it. My cousin bought one he also has some type of netbook, but I prefer laptops. I can get a m14x and play games flawlessly and code (which is all I do).
[Image: xypfOL.png]
No debate for me here, netbooks are crap. For how minimalistic each is, netbooks are usually designed with worse airflow from that i've seen. And they usually have give you minimum requirements for the OS that comes pre-installed if that's the way you buy it. Slow and junky from my perspective, but for me I wouldn't even get a laptop unless I need to portability. Desktops are much easier to fix than both laptop and netbook, and are much more customizable.
When I'm home I use my desktop, I only use my laptop for college. I currently have a 13.3" laptop but I would be fine with a 12" netbook. The only thing I want it capable of is office apps and browsing, that's why I run linux on it anyway, so for me a 12" netbook would be fine as long as it runs linux smoothly. Those 10" things are to small for me, I have large hands so it's a pain in the ass to type for longer periods on it.
I have both. Will use for different purposes.
lol I would use a netbook to test suspicious files I see on the net. I would already have an idea that the netbook would be long done for before my laptop ever goes if I decided to get one. Hate those things more than anything in the tech world...
I'm not sure if what I'm using is a laptop or a netbook. The Acer Aspire 7720. It's a very powerful machine and is beautifully gorgeous. I love it! Big Grin

17'' Screen Too!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop great graphic [HELP] Miku 6 2,027 05-23-2019, 02:56 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,844 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,770 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,602 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,337 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz