Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate
I still prefer laptops over notebooks, I am just used to laptops and I'd rather have a bigger screen.
I'll take a laptop than a netbook any day, don't like their small size.
[Image: 259.png]
Laptop all the way well it depends if I had the choice I would have a netbook and a laptop as a netbook is better for carrying around where as a laptop is better if you need to carry around but its not as compact.
I think it is hard to work un Visual Basic on Mini9
I have an Alienware M11x, which they say is a laptop but I'd definitely call it a netbook.
It's got an 11 inch screen which after a while you get used to and isn't a problem, it's incredibly light and easy for me to take to university along with everything else I need. It's just as powerful as any top of the range laptop, so I can run all my various animation, video editing, graphic design & programming applications on it, and it is very fast. It's pretty much the perfect computer for me.. Yes it was a bit pricey but I don't regret buying it one bit.

I do need to buy an external hard drive as the 250GB is quickly running out, but I've had it since January this year and found no problems what so ever. Very impressed with it.
Processing power and motherboard are the main difference imo.

Netbook:
- lowest cost, low power consumption
- ranges from "unusable" to "impressive, but I can't game on it"
--> perfect for internet use and taking notes

Laptop:
- more expensive, more power consumption
- ranges from "really crappy" to "really good"
--> perfect for everything beyond internet use and taking notes

Q: If you have a cell with internet and decent note taking capabilities, is there any need to buy a netbook? Ever?
A: No. Unless you really like devices with screens and don't mind to waste money.
(08-05-2011, 06:10 AM)icecubemachines Wrote: Processing power and motherboard are the main difference imo.

Netbook:
- lowest cost, low power consumption
- ranges from "unusable" to "impressive, but I can't game on it"
--> perfect for internet use and taking notes

Laptop:
- more expensive, more power consumption
- ranges from "really crappy" to "really good"
--> perfect for everything beyond internet use and taking notes

Q: If you have a cell with internet and decent note taking capabilities, is there any need to buy a netbook? Ever?
A: No. Unless you really like devices with screens and don't mind to waste money.

And what about netbooks like mine? Which are more powerful than your average laptop, and can do a lot more than just browse the internet and take notes?
I would say laptops are any time bettr then netbooks Smile)
[Image: IYOy9.png]
i have one laptop and an outdated Desktop.

with the laptop im very satisfied, it works very well...

i mean, a netbook is cool to travel and so on, but i think ther is a smartphone even enough.

if i really need some power with me i can carry my laptop its not too heavy :/
My laptop has a due core running at 2.2 ghz and a use to be killer GPU. My old netbook had a single 1.6 ghz cpu and a shity GPU. As for laptops being heavy and etc, that's why i only buy 14in laptops.
[Image: signature___ati_radeon_by_kravicka-d2y2f1x.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop great graphic [HELP] Miku 6 2,027 05-23-2019, 02:56 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,844 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,771 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,602 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,343 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz