Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Omni, What are your computer habits?
My family computer is of course shared but only by two of us. Nobody gets to use my laptop apart from myself.

Are all your computers of decent specifications?
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(10-27-2009, 01:28 PM)Omniscient Wrote: How many of you "share" a computer and wish you didn't have to?
I used to some years ago. Awful, just awful.
[Image: mint.png]
(10-27-2009, 01:28 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Computers are my job and a large portion of my life. I have a house of 6 computer users. Plus I need a laptop and I have a server. Believe it or not..I need all these computers. It's not unusual for the entire family to have their computers on.

How many of you "share" a computer and wish you didn't have to? In my house....everyone gets their own puter. Even my 6 year old.

Excellent.

Also; I'd imagine your favorite program would be PuTTY *cough*
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
Putty is very important but realistically it's not a fancy program and I could replace it with any SSH client.

Quote:Are all your computers of decent specifications?

Not really. We have a computer rotation in the house. Any new computer goes to either me or my wife. Then the old computer gets bumped down to one of my sons and their computer goes to one of my daughters. My girls are only 6 and 7 years old. Still all the computers are good enough to play games like World of Warcraft or Counter Strike Source.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-29-2009, 11:08 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Putty is very important but realistically it's not a fancy program and I could replace it with any SSH client.

Not really. We have a computer rotation in the house. Any new computer goes to either me or my wife. Then the old computer gets bumped down to one of my sons and their computer goes to one of my daughters. My girls are only 6 and 7 years old. Still all the computers are good enough to play games like World of Warcraft or Counter Strike Source.

That's a good way of doing things. Your girls don't need too fancy specifications just yet. I doubt they are hardcore gamers like the boys, right?
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(10-27-2009, 01:28 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Computers are my job and a large portion of my life. I have a house of 6 computer users. Plus I need a laptop and I have a server. Believe it or not..I need all these computers. It's not unusual for the entire family to have their computers on.

How many of you "share" a computer and wish you didn't have to? In my house....everyone gets their own puter. Even my 6 year old.

Very nice Omni. Same is so in my house hold. My family owns 9 computers even though we have 8 family memebers, 2 are for my dad. He games on one, does work on another. Same process of bumping down the computers also Smile Right now i have the computer my dad had almost 1 year ago. Still really good.
I only have 3 PC's where I am at present, one of which, I used to have networked to my main PC,
(which was bought for me in 2006, for Xmas, by my brother),
but since I got back online this July, after a good while off, I haven't used the network of 2 since then.
The older PC just sits in the corner, although I have hooked it up once.

I have about another 4 PC's at my brothers house of differing ages, (also Atari, Amiga etc), and 3 laptops,
which I have never felt that comfortable with, as I often feel the need to open the box, for some reason.

My monitor is a 22" flatscreen, but I have a bulky 19" monitor as well,
but haven't used them together for a while.

The last game I bought, was probably Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare,
but I was more into those Quake II, Unreal, Half-Life type of games than anything else.

I'm glad that I have never really had to share a PC, apart from when I was staying at my brother's house some years ago,
but that was his PC, not mine and I had to get off the web, whenever he came back from work or whatever.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
we have 6 computers in the house and 5 are mine! And i use them all!!
1 as my desktop(32 inches screen Smile
1 as my sister desktop( she owns a dell but doesnt use it) 19inch screen
1 toshiba laptop in the living room for whoever comes and wants to use it!
1 dell laptop XP pro for school
1 dell laptop linux for......!!!!

Smile
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
(10-29-2009, 11:08 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Putty is very important but realistically it's not a fancy program and I could replace it with any SSH client.

Lucky you added the age thing in there, I was about to post SEXIST but then I re-read the post Tongue
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omni, would you? fanta 8 1,023 12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Last Post: DaUB3R
  omni The Observer 21 2,407 12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  What i think of Omni.. VeinsOfTheSun 7 877 09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Last Post: VeinsOfTheSun
  What does Omni look like? WirelessWave 128 29,196 07-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Last Post: UrugEci