Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
super compress
(10-27-2009, 05:48 AM)Etheryte Wrote: You can't have a compression ratio over 100%.
The percentage is calculated via (1-(comressed size/uncompressed size))*100%, so no matter how compressed you go, you can't go past 100%.
Eg.:
Uncompressed size: 10Gb.
Compressed size: 2Gb.
(1-(2/10))*100%=80%
The function has a lim of 100% (which it won't actually reach), but it can't be above 100%.

Yes I know, was just being funny...
But at the KGB it looks like if you have enough of memory you can compress it to a very good easy portable size. No matter what.
(10-27-2009, 05:38 AM)Marda Wrote: yer... i personally dont like that KBG tool first of it does go ova 100% but is incrediably slow... 2, i dony like the format of it and how it re-writes how my zip files are open... 3, extreame setting i don't even think works... and 4, i just don't like it Big Grin

i would peferr to stay with winrar it's good enough for me Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yes I prefer WinRAR too, but there are times where you need to compress something big to a small size, and KGB does the job for me.
Is KGB Free?
(10-27-2009, 10:40 AM)Bluestar Wrote: Is KGB Free?

Yes it is.
http://kgbarchiver.net/?page=download
u might will corrpt the file
yer, KGB is free and uh i must ssay it does have a very good compression ratio Big Grin
I saw Windows Vista compressed to 2.6mb with KGB, but the link went dead so I never got a chance to try it!
wow... even tho i h8 windows vista that is a very nice compression
Yeah, that was the sole reason I wanted to try it!

Otherwise I would never even look twice at it. I was bummed out when the link was dead.
(10-27-2009, 05:26 AM)NinjaGeek Wrote: ZipZag is also a good tool!

Yes man it's unbelievable but TRUE, well GTA was compressed few times with tricks.. to reach 64KB.

The KBG Archiever has compression ratio over 100% Roflmao
But the programm EATS RAM during (de)compression.

I wasn't suggesting that it wasn't true of course, just that it sounds unbelievable, if you know what I mean.

Amazing really though, but I can imagine that it could take a while
to achieve that level of compression, as well as consuming RAM, in a truly hog-like fashion.

Well, I just downloadad KGB Archiver, to test it out, but VirusTotal gives the following:

Antiy-AVL 2.0.3.7 2009.10.26 Virus/Win32.Daum.gen

which seems to be indicating it as a a trojan/dropper.

But Virus-Trap came up clean, so maybe it's a false positive?

I couldn't get the page at VirScan to load, but that usually backs up VirusTotal in most cases.

I'll try VirScan again later and check it out, as it may be a useful thing to have.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
I doubt it is possible.