Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are The Benifits of C++?
(06-14-2011, 09:50 PM)USN Wrote: I like C++ better because its just so simple.
Example:
Code:
#include <iosteam>
using namespace std;
int main ()
{
  <<" C++ is so easy...duh :)\n";
  <<" SupportForums.Net";
}
That is a program right there Smile

..You butchered that simple program.
Quote:Line 18: error: iosteam: No such file or directory
In function 'int main()':
Line 5: error: expected primary-expression before '<<' token
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.

First, you forgot to specify your stream operator. i.e cout.
Second of all, you forgot to return a value in main().

I suggest you learn C++ before you attempt to code in it.
(06-15-2011, 08:05 AM)BacklTrack Wrote: ..You butchered that simple program.
Quote:Line 18: error: iosteam: No such file or directory
In function 'int main()':
Line 5: error: expected primary-expression before '<<' token
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.

First, you forgot to specify your stream operator. i.e cout.

Bro leave him alone hes a C++ Hello world guru Roflmao

Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
(06-15-2011, 09:28 AM)0xE9 Wrote: First, you forgot to specify your stream operator. i.e cout.

Bro leave him alone hes a C++ Hello world guru Roflmao

[/quote]

Yeah, maybe you're right. I think he's just so advanced that i didn't recognize it at first. Whistle
(06-14-2011, 10:21 AM)BacklTrack Wrote: That made 0 sense. Omg

You can make things from games to programs, working from C++ to C# would be easier, the programming language C++ is used a lot and powerful. Easy to understand enough?
I am sure there is way more you can code in C++, like somebody already said, bigger libraries.. But it seems alot harder to me than Visual Basic or C#. I learned those first, so thats probably why. Ive never even wanted to learn C++
[Image: iddyEs.png]
(06-15-2011, 11:53 PM)Epicly Wrote: You can make things from games to programs, working from C++ to C# would be easier, the programming language C++ is used a lot and powerful. Easy to understand enough?
Why do you incist on relating C# to C++, C# is a usless high level .net dependant pile of poop. C++ Is a decent mid to low level language that professional programmers use. Please in future refrain to using only C and C++ in the same sentence.
(06-16-2011, 01:24 AM)0xE9 Wrote: Why do you incist on relating C# to C++, C# is a usless high level .net dependant pile of poop. C++ Is a decent mid to low level language that professional programmers use. Please in future refrain to using only C and C++ in the same sentence.
I wouldn't say C# is bad. If you're working on windows and you're not doing anything too complex/mission critical then it's just fine. .NET library is huge..but yeah, people should stop thinking that basically
C++/C == C#
(06-16-2011, 04:16 AM)BacklTrack Wrote: I wouldn't say C# is bad. If you're working on windows and you're not doing anything too complex/mission critical then it's just fine. .NET library is huge..but yeah, people should stop thinking that basically
C++/C == C#
Yeah true, Sadly the stuff I do has no real use for .Net so I stick with C. But I really get sad when people try and compare it with C/C++ lol.

(06-16-2011, 12:21 AM)Most Dope Wrote: I am sure there is way more you can code in C++, like somebody already said, bigger libraries.. But it seems alot harder to me than Visual Basic or C#. I learned those first, so thats probably why. Ive never even wanted to learn C++
Yeah it's going to be harder. The less libs you use the harder it gets. In C# you can basically code a downloader with 2 - 3 lines of code as the framework does so much for you. In C/C++ its more like 10 - 40 depending on if you choose to use WinInet or Winsock (assuming you're programming for windows).
(06-16-2011, 04:49 AM)0xE9 Wrote: Yeah true, Sadly the stuff I do has no real use for .Net so I stick with C. But I really get sad when people try and compare it with C/C++ lol.

freakin love C Thumbsup
(06-16-2011, 10:18 AM)BacklTrack Wrote: freakin love C Thumbsup
Yeah it's such a nice language, It's good to see someone who loves C around here. Most of the people I see say they code C++ but are actually coding C and can't tell the difference lol. Probably as when you google "C++ <source_here>" You get a lot of C.