Support Forums

Full Version: What are The Benifits of C++?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, I'm not much of a coder, but from what I know vB isn't awfully hard but I want to see what I could do in C++ that vB doesn't offer?
hope you find this helpful.

Because C++ is an object-oriented programming language, it is designed to allow the
creation and manipulation of objects from the problem domain. Thus, C++ allows programmers
to operate at a higher level of abstraction. This higher level of abstraction allows programmers
to develop software in the language of the problem domain rather than in the language of the computer. The key to a good abstraction is deep knowledge of the problem domain. A good abstraction allows users to use an object in a relatively safe and predictable manner. It reduces the learning curve by providing a simple interface described in terms of the user's own vocabulary.

C++ is a multiparadigm language. This allows developers to choose the programming style that is right for the task at hand. For example, a traditional procedural style may be appropriate for performing a simple task such as writing the code within a small member function.

C++ software can be performance and memory efficient. For example, well-designed, object oriented software is normally comprehensible and therefore amenable to performance tuning. In addition, C++ has low-level facilities that allow a skilled C++ developer to obtain appropriate levels of performance.

C++ is backward compatible with C. This is useful in very large legacy systems where the migration to C++ normally occurs a few subsystems at a time rather than all at once. In particular, C++ backward compatibility makes it relatively inexpensive to compile C code with C++ compiler.

C++ is a huge language with a very broad base of users. This large user community has led to high quality compilers and other development tools for a wide range of systems.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1055579
Sounds very convincing.
Just with that info I might switch Big Grin

Anyone else want to share what is so great about this extraordinary language?
I personally don't like C++ I think the use of classes makes it look ugly. I prefer C any day. Same sort of syntax as C++, No dependencies and just like C++ but without classes.
Benefits: Relatively low level
HUGE community
Large libraries
Generics
Well tell you now helps you to remember spelling benefit.
  • Most likely the powerful programming language every
  • Could build a lot of programs
  • Easier to work down (Such as C++, than C#)
(06-13-2011, 07:08 PM)Epicly Wrote: [ -> ]Well tell you now helps you to remember spelling benefit.
  • Most likely the powerful programming language every
  • Could build a lot of programs
  • Easier to work down (Such as C++, than C#)

That made 0 sense. Omg
I like C++ better because its just so simple.
Example:
Code:
#include <iosteam>
using namespace std;
int main ()
{
  <<" C++ is so easy...duh :)\n";
  <<" SupportForums.Net";
}
That is a program right there Smile
Well i cant help u with the difference but i hope this thread can help me.
I plan on learning multiple programming languages soon, and im going to actually go to comunity college for it. I am still debating on what i want to start with tho.
(06-14-2011, 09:50 PM)USN Wrote: [ -> ]I like C++ better because its just so simple.
Example:
Code:
#include <iosteam>
using namespace std;
int main ()
{
  <<" C++ is so easy...duh :)\n";
  <<" SupportForums.Net";
}
That is a program right there Smile
If C++ is easy would you mind coding me a system wide hooking engine with PE Injection?
Pages: 1 2 3