Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are The Benifits of C++?
(06-16-2011, 01:05 PM)0xE9 Wrote: Yeah it's such a nice language, It's good to see someone who loves C around here. Most of the people I see say they code C++ but are actually coding C and can't tell the difference lol. Probably as when you google "C++ <source_here>" You get a lot of C.
Yeah lol most people I see who are relatively novice don't really touch many libs other than iostream. A lot barely know of templates and all the other stuff C++ has. But it is a pretty big and somewhat confusing language..with ugly syntax.
(06-16-2011, 01:18 PM)BacklTrack Wrote: Yeah lol most people I see who are relatively novice don't really touch many libs other than iostream. A lot barely know of templates and all the other stuff C++ has. But it is a pretty big and somewhat confusing language..with ugly syntax.
Yeah my main problem with it was the syntax. I thought it looked like C after being beaten in the face with a shovel.
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
I am currently learning c++ with some members of hackforums. We are going through the basics now. But i hope soon i will be able to make useful programs. Smile
C++ is a lot harder than VB.net and a lot faster and more powerful. There is much more you can do with C++, however if you just want to make a quick little app you should just use vb imo.

codevade, btw we switched to the IRC just to let you know the details are on skype
Start with VB, easier syntax.
C++ is better for lower-level projects that interact with hardware more closely, or for things that need speed like games.

For simple projects with GUI's , it's usually easier to just make it in Visual Basic or Visual C++ with Windows Forms.
Well in general, I'm saying it easier to work down.