Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone interested in starting a minecraft server?
Can run a public Linux one for just 19$ a month. If anyone is interested ask questions in this thread.
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
$19 a month? Surely that's too expensive. You can get a VPS cheaper. Unless Minecraft servers are very performance consuming, which I doubt.

EDIT:

Price is because the OS is Linux I guess? Have you considered a Windows VPS?
I've got a MC account, I wouldn't mind using this. I assumed they did it in slots? Or can unlimited people connect to a MC server.
I'll definitely help you out with costs if you're serious.
Sam, you can pay as much as only $15 a month getting a Virtual Private Server instead of an official minecraft server, I agree it'll not be the best, now moving back onto the topic of Minecraft Servers, if you're looking to do this for fun then yes, I'll advise you to, for profit I'll advise no, you will not get a lot of money made back from it.

I will not be interested, since I don't have a minecraft account but I thought I'll make a suggestion/opinion. Good luck!
[Image: signaturera.png]
(06-04-2011, 10:08 AM)Sam Wrote: $19 a month? Surely that's too expensive. You can get a VPS cheaper. Unless Minecraft servers are very performance consuming, which I doubt.

EDIT:

Price is because the OS is Linux I guess? Have you considered a Windows VPS?

Nah, Windows is expensive because of licence linux is free so cheaper but minecraft is a RAM hog. You need atleast a 1 - 2gb ram VPS. Linux is less resource heave so that's always good.

The server will also allow people without a minecraft premium account to play.
Hey, I'll suggest using a website that's just dedicated to Minecraft servers because mostly they offer the best ones, and with windows it tends to be a lot more popular and it's way more easier to use then linux, hope this helps.
(06-04-2011, 11:04 AM)Laughynose Wrote: Hey, I'll suggest using a website that's just dedicated to Minecraft servers because mostly they offer the best ones, and with windows it tends to be a lot more popular and it's way more easier to use then linux, hope this helps.
I meant as in making a pubic server for me and someone here to run. I won't be selling minecraft servers yet so the OS we run won't be a problem. When I get more cash I intend on buying a dedicated server and selling minecraft slots.
(06-04-2011, 12:04 PM)0xE9 Wrote: I meant as in making a pubic server for me and someone here to run. I won't be selling minecraft servers yet so the OS we run won't be a problem.

I know what you mean, but you might want to get the server of a website that's dedicated to minecraft server hosting, not some random Virtual Private Server like vpsland.com.
(06-04-2011, 12:05 PM)Laughynose Wrote: I know what you mean, but you might want to get the server of a website that's dedicated to minecraft server hosting, not some random Virtual Private Server like vpsland.com.
I've already got a company I used before. They're small but have great support and uptime. I used to run 3 vps there. (IRCD, COD4 Server and Minecraft Private Server). I prefer to run myself instead of from an official MC server seller as it offers way more flexibility also I can run a website dedicated to the server from the same vps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Private minecraft server open! 0xE9 6 3,067 12-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: JenniferRodriquez
  [TUT] How To Make A MineCraft Server [TUT] Psychotic Villain 3 1,028 07-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Last Post: EaGLeZ
  Anyone interested in meteorology? Xander 1 387 10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse
  For people who are interested in advertising support forums. Robbieava 30 5,823 10-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Robbieava