Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard drive is fudged please help!!!
Ok, so I was installing a Windows OS to my computer. It was taking a really long time so I canceled it. As it as canceling I accidentley unplugged my computer (laptop). I tried to turn it on, and all I got was, "no bootable partition found."

I had 2 Partitions on a 150 gig HDD. 1 partition (CSmile was 140 gig. The other partition (FSmile was 10 gig. Since I couldn't boot I used a win7 dic I knew would work and I installed on on Drive (FSmile. When I used C: before I could see F: and all it's contents so I thought it would work the other way around. Now my computer only shows F:, but it appears as C: which means I still can't find all my stuff, and it won't even show up.

Do you know any way I can fix this?!! I need to get files of my original C:!!!
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

It's probably completely ruined, due to you installing a new OS then smashing out the power, HDD's tend to corrupt themselves.

Format it and then it may work again?
|| MSN = Hot-choc@live.com ||
There is a great chance you'll never see your files again. Make sure you don't do anything until someone helps with experience in the situation. I personally don't have enough experience to help you because a wrong move can destroy your whole computer. Good luck!
noop unpluging was a stupid mistake...
Man's destructive hand spares nothing that lives; he kills to
feed himself, he kills to clothe himself, he kills to adorn
himself, he kills to attack, he kills to defend himself, he kills
to instruct himself, he kills to amuse himself, he kills for
the sake of killing. ~Josef de Maistre
Ouch.. you should try booting with a Linux Live CD and try to recover data from there.
A power unplug can cause hard drive corruption =/
Well that really really sucks!

If I were you I would just tap F11 on startup and restore, then install Win7.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,802 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Partition of my hard drive tofayel521 4 1,075 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: King_Cooper
  New drive slow Solidify 3 1,959 05-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Boomer
  [Tut]How to Partition a Hard Drive[/Tut] Idiot #1 23 6,883 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: elvinguitar
  Two Hard Drives Baked 6 1,692 03-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Baked