Support Forums

Full Version: Hard drive is fudged please help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I was installing a Windows OS to my computer. It was taking a really long time so I canceled it. As it as canceling I accidentley unplugged my computer (laptop). I tried to turn it on, and all I got was, "no bootable partition found."

I had 2 Partitions on a 150 gig HDD. 1 partition (CSmile was 140 gig. The other partition (FSmile was 10 gig. Since I couldn't boot I used a win7 dic I knew would work and I installed on on Drive (FSmile. When I used C: before I could see F: and all it's contents so I thought it would work the other way around. Now my computer only shows F:, but it appears as C: which means I still can't find all my stuff, and it won't even show up.

Do you know any way I can fix this?!! I need to get files of my original C:!!!
It's probably completely ruined, due to you installing a new OS then smashing out the power, HDD's tend to corrupt themselves.

Format it and then it may work again?
There is a great chance you'll never see your files again. Make sure you don't do anything until someone helps with experience in the situation. I personally don't have enough experience to help you because a wrong move can destroy your whole computer. Good luck!
noop unpluging was a stupid mistake...
Ouch.. you should try booting with a Linux Live CD and try to recover data from there.
A power unplug can cause hard drive corruption =/
Well that really really sucks!

If I were you I would just tap F11 on startup and restore, then install Win7.