Poll: Should I get a Hexa or a Quad core?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hexa
16.67%
2 16.67%
Quad
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I get a Hexa or a Quad core?
Before you even consider purchasing a six-core or quad-core processor, be sure it is compatible with your motherboard.
6-Core is a waste of Money for what current Games offer. A Quad Core will see you along nicely, even if the Price Range is low.
[Image: ZOuHf.png]
Red Bull Racing
Quad core is cheaper and is better for gaming.
On some motherboards if you only use one core, that core will have around 3x the performance.
I would definitely say Quad core man.
Most programs can only utilize one or two cores. Therefore anything more then 4 is excessive. So yea go with the quad but make sure its compatible with your motherboard or else you are out of a lot of money.
(04-30-2011, 06:34 PM)Vengence Wrote: Hey guys,
This might rather sound like a stupid question but I'm thinking of getting a new CPU, since i have a Duo one now.
Should I get a Quad or a Hexa one?
By my experience in the field, I would get a Quad because nothing and I mean nothing is optimized to run in Hexa (games, programs etc) and would cause bottlenecking, if I am correct?
What do you think?

unless your into serious video editing and your daily bread depends on it where time means money then yes a hexacore.

For anything else a quad core is fine. for gaming your gpu setup will determine your performance in fps you'll be getting. To determine what gpu to get you have to look at what's your monitors native resolution coz you'll need a gpu that can run at that resolution.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
3DMARK11
You have already answered your question in your thread.
The most programs are still duo core compatible.
Only a few quad core. So hexa core isnt needed.
Greetz,
Lynx™
(05-01-2011, 01:03 AM)Deltron Wrote: If you're going to be gaming, it's a downgrade if you purchase the hexacore. Generally, while gaming, you only utilize one, two, and rarely times three of your total cores. Stick with the quad-core; better performance alongside a more affordable price.

Totally agree with Deltron, stick with the quad core. You take what you pay, it worths its money

Unless you are going to have a whole bunch of RAM and dedicated video RAM. Go with the quad.
Get a quad. There is absolutely no point in going for a hex (You're probably going to go AMD with the hex anyway, bad choice in itself. I mean, there is a reason why the i7 890 costs £200 and the best hex phenom costs £150) until they're optimized for gaming.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 and ECS 945gct-m3 motherboard issue philipamurray 0 815 02-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Last Post: philipamurray
  Help me buy a new desktop! Quad core VS. All in 1 Firesale 2 618 03-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Firesale