Poll: Should I get a Hexa or a Quad core?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hexa
16.67%
2 16.67%
Quad
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I get a Hexa or a Quad core?
Hey guys,
This might rather sound like a stupid question but I'm thinking of getting a new CPU, since i have a Duo one now.
Should I get a Quad or a Hexa one?
By my experience in the field, I would get a Quad because nothing and I mean nothing is optimized to run in Hexa (games, programs etc) and would cause bottlenecking, if I am correct?
What do you think?
Will you be doing a lot of rendering?
SupportForums for promotion!
May hexas are not optimized at the moment, but in max a year this changed. I am going to buy me a hexa core too. I think you can nothing wrong or?
[Image: haloabtractc4d.png]
If you're going to be gaming, it's a downgrade if you purchase the hexacore. Generally, while gaming, you only utilize one, two, and rarely times three of your total cores. Stick with the quad-core; better performance alongside a more affordable price.
I agree. 5 is a waste of money and alot of the technology isn't there yet to run with it at its maximum capacity. Plus with a 4 you're already overclocking many of your components.

Save your money.
I don't splel check.
(05-01-2011, 01:54 AM)Scalise Wrote: I agree. 5 is a waste of money and alot of the technology isn't there yet to run with it at its maximum capacity. Plus with a 4 you're already overclocking many of your components.

Save your money.

The prefix hex translates to six. Tongue
(05-01-2011, 02:03 AM)Deltron Wrote: The prefix hex translates to six. Tongue

ha. had to rethink that. Omg
I don't splel check.
Yeah but the price difference is really low.
Like 20euros in my local shop. But what if I have a tonload of background processes running?
Like I said, even those newer games rarely utilize two cores. There aren't many games that use even three or four cores. You might see a tad bit improvement in your performance for background applications, but it won't be noticeable. Rather than purchasing a six-core, try utilizing that money to spend in other areas of your build, such as your graphics card.

Are you planning to build a custom PC? If so, would you mind having me take a look over your parts?
(05-01-2011, 01:21 PM)Deltron Wrote: Like I said, even those newer games rarely utilize two cores. There aren't many games that use even three or four cores. You might see a tad bit improvement in your performance for background applications, but it won't be noticeable. Rather than purchasing a six-core, try utilizing that money to spend in other areas of your build, such as your graphics card.

Are you planning to build a custom PC? If so, would you mind having me take a look over your parts?

If you would spend a second reading, rather than PMing me saying I spam you would know.
I said I already got a Core2Duo, but Its time to upgrade my CPU.
(05-01-2011, 01:21 PM)Deltron Wrote: Like I said, even those newer games rarely utilize two cores. There aren't many games that use even three or four cores. You might see a tad bit improvement in your performance for background applications, but it won't be noticeable. Rather than purchasing a six-core, try utilizing that money to spend in other areas of your build, such as your graphics card.

By the way.
Take a look at Black Ops, Crysis 2, BF3, etc.
They all utilize 2 cores (BF3 will definetly, considering BC2 did)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 and ECS 945gct-m3 motherboard issue philipamurray 0 816 02-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Last Post: philipamurray
  Help me buy a new desktop! Quad core VS. All in 1 Firesale 2 618 03-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Firesale