Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avast 4 Setup?
Have you figured this out? As most said, you ought to be able to specify where the file goes in IE, but if you use Firefox, all you have to do is right click the download > Open containing folder and it will direct you to the right place.
Oh! The avast installer must delete that file :/
(10-05-2009, 03:32 PM)Kn1ght Wrote: What he means is, he downloads the file from their site, then runs the exe. From there the exe downloads the rest of the files. Well before the exe downloads the rest of your files you tell it to either download or to download and install.
For me the download and install option never seems to work, so I just click download only and tell it where to download the file to. (I am pretty sure it gives you the option. If not check your temp folder.)

I really don't why he's having such trouble if he can find the .exe. He should be able to run the .exe, setup will download the files needed for installation, and it should automatically install then after to C:\Program Files\Awil\Avast or whatever.
I know exactly where the installer is, not the setup. The installer is thefile you download from the site, which then downloads the setup.
I need to find the setup, and it's not coming up on any searches!
the only thing that comes up is a .pf file, which is found in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
(10-05-2009, 01:48 PM)QBANBOY407 Wrote: i hate it too!!! sucks if you dont have internet!

yeah thats why i need it! I would rather install the anti-virus whilst I'm rummaging around for the utilities discs!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NORTON.COM/SETUP - NORTON SETUP PRODUCT KEY - WWW.NORTON.COM/SETUP johnussmiths 0 629 12-18-2019, 06:13 AM
Last Post: johnussmiths