Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avast 4 Setup?
Where does the little install program download the Avast 4 setup to?
This would make things so much easier as i have had to set up the anti-virus on a few computers lately, and its getting annoying having to download it over and over again!
I don't really understand your question,sorry. Try re-wording it?
When you download the program from download.com, it downloads a small program (300kb) called the installer. This program then downloads the "setupengpro.exe" file.
I'm just not sure where it saves it too, and a search cannot find it!
search avast_pro_setup.exe (searching is easier in vista).
You can do what Michael suggested or when downloading the exe it ask if you want to download and install or download only. When clicking download only I am fairly sure it will prompt you where you want to download the file.
i hate it too!!! sucks if you dont have internet!
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
(10-05-2009, 01:48 PM)QBANBOY407 Wrote: i hate it too!!! sucks if you dont have internet!

Um, don't you have to have Internet to download the setup file o.O?

OP,
It depends on where the browser is set to download files. For instance, mine goes to My Documents -> Downloads. In Firefox, check:

Tools -> Options -> Main -> then downloads in the middle of that window.
In your downloads folder? Or your temporary files folder.
Are using Vista and Firefox? If you are it will be in the Downloads folder.

You can check where it is by going to:
Tools > Options > Main > On this tab, look down for the 'Downloads' bit and you will see it.

To stop this happening again, on the same bit select "Always ask me where to save files"

//I know this because the same thing happened to me so many times, until I figured it out.
What he means is, he downloads the file from their site, then runs the exe. From there the exe downloads the rest of the files. Well before the exe downloads the rest of your files you tell it to either download or to download and install.
For me the download and install option never seems to work, so I just click download only and tell it where to download the file to. (I am pretty sure it gives you the option. If not check your temp folder.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NORTON.COM/SETUP - NORTON SETUP PRODUCT KEY - WWW.NORTON.COM/SETUP johnussmiths 0 629 12-18-2019, 06:13 AM
Last Post: johnussmiths