Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FTW Forum.
Well That's really nice and it's growing rapidly.
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
FTW imho has too many distractions from the forum itself.

The oddball changing colors and color choices of the forum make it less readable. The shoutbox is a content killer. The forum icons could be better looking.

You just seem to want coolness which is fine but you won't get big that way imho. You should be looking to improve content and navigation beginning with the layout.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
FTW was never geared towards money, Where all of your sites are Omni .
The forum was created for a place for my mates and myself to hang out.
This is why i have things like the shout box, arcade, plaza ect ect.
The fact i have over 1000 registered users suggests a element of success.
As for the layout of the site, I apprectiate your comments, But going by what i have heard here and my forum members everybody seems to like it.

Nearly all mybb forums look to same to me, This site included.
I just wanted to be different.
The url of my forum should be the real giveaway.
For those who don't know what it means, it means F**K THE WORLD.Not really a audience grabbing title.
It was geared towards flamers. Who ever wanted to come have a fight with us is welcome, It has perhaps evolved to more of that now.
But thank you all for opinions.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-25-2009, 05:25 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: FTW was never geared towards money, Where all of your sites are Omni .
The forum was created for a place for my mates and myself to hang out.
This is why i have things like the shout box, arcade, plaza ect ect.
The fact i have over 1000 registered users suggests a element of success.
As for the layout of the site, I apprectiate your comments, But going by what i have heard here and my forum members everybody seems to like it.

Nearly all mybb forums look to same to me, This site included.
I just wanted to be different.
The url of my forum should be the real giveaway.
For those who don't know what it means, it means F**K THE WORLD.Not really a audience grabbing title.
It was geared towards flamers. Who ever wanted to come have a fight with us is welcome, It has perhaps evolved to more of that now.
But thank you all for opinions.

It doesn't really matter what the purpose of your forum is, it should look appealing and be rich in content regardless.

My opinion is somewhat aligned with Omni's.. I think the colors are a bit too radical, with the black, red, white, and green etc.

Also I think you should work a bit on the subtitles of the forums. "Decided i would put in a football tips comp. " isn't really that great of a subtitle.
Quote:FTW was never geared towards money, Where all of your sites are Omni .

My sites are geared toward success, appeal, and growth.

Sure I understand you like your home-grown personal feel to the site but when you stop thinking something can be improved it's when you lost touch with reality. Not all changes need to be done instantly but I haven't seen your site evolve. Take HF for example...even the past few months new changes were implemented in a continued effort to improve the site.

Quote: I dont ask members here to join rather just give opinions.

After that statement I felt obligated to state my opinion. Plus too realize I want more discussion on this forum so whenever I can make a well worded lengthy post I will. Smile So don't take my comments personally. I think you have a fine site as it seems to be exactly what you intended. So in that regard it's a success. I do believe your site could do so much better. Are going to tell me that having a site making you $2000 a month doesn't sound appealing?

There is no reason you can't have a monetarily successful site that you enjoy being a part of. As a matter of fact that should be everyone's goal.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Omniscient Wrote:Take HF for example...even the past few months new changes were implemented in a continued effort to improve the site.

I am also constantly trying different things. You yourself have told me off for doing just that actually so im a little confused there.

Omniscient Wrote:So don't take my comments personally. I think you have a fine site as it seems to be exactly what you intended.

You know i value your opinion mate. Always have and always will. Smile

Omniscient Wrote:Are going to tell me that having a site making you $2000 a month doesn't sound appealing?

If it comes with the stress that was involved with HF then no i would not want it at all.
Working full time and having kids takes away far too much of my time to be able to give a site of such value the time it would require.

Omniscient Wrote:There is no reason you can't have a monetarily successful site that you enjoy being a part of. As a matter of fact that should be everyone's goal.

I do have other sites that make me money to be fair. But there sites not my personal forum.
But i do understand and appreciate your comments.
The Rules!

Hey, do you have an affiliate image like this:

[Image: button.png] ?

If so maybe we could exchange links?
The audio flaming is an awesome idea, i liked that.
I want to record my introduction on my forum with text to speech now.
Wasn't keen on the green text.

lol Yea each person can make there own text color. I choose green.
As for the audio flaming lol. Yea it is a cool idea and im hoping to start pushing it soon.
The Rules!

Really nice site but I think the background and that red color at the .tcat can change to something nicer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chill Forum [NEW] [+3 Domains] [General Forum] [Giveaway!] [Awards!] OpenSSL 0 519 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  New forum I just made - Swimmingforums.net competitive swimming forum Carbon Host 3 856 08-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  New theme (ftw forum) DAMINK™ 9 1,258 05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  Forum Source | The ultimate forum owner and addict community Amazing 129 37,794 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Hex