Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FTW Forum.
Yep its my baby lol.
Ok i must stress first off. I dont ask members here to join rather just give opinions. Its not a forum that appeals to most. Largely we are a flaming forum. And over 18 for registered members based on the content available.
(If you are easily offended then best not to even navigate through what you can see that is)
But that said i am interested in your opinions on the theme.
Its mine obviously lol. Now there is things like shoutbox missing if your not a member and you get the adds which members do not but forgetting that what do you think?
Url is http://www.ftw.net.au
Thanks guys. Whistle
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-19-2009, 11:43 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yep its my baby lol.
Ok i must stress first off. I dont ask members here to join rather just give opinions. Its not a forum that appeals to most. Largely we are a flaming forum. And over 18 for registered members based on the content available.
(If you are easily offended then best not to even navigate through what you can see that is)
But that said i am interested in your opinions on the theme.
Its mine obviously lol. Now there is things like shoutbox missing if your not a member and you get the adds which members do not but forgetting that what do you think?
Url is http://www.ftw.net.au
Thanks guys. Whistle

Really excellent job. It seems to be a fairly successful forum with 999 registered users and thirteen online. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you achieves such numbers? What advertising strategies did you use? Thanks, and once again, well done.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Stats are better than it deserves. Well it did have over 1k but i pruned 400 or so and now its back to 1k again.
My methods have been vast. Seriously!! Everything from hacking warez forums to spamming. Hate to say it but its been that varied.
Nothing has ever really worked well. My member base is mostly inactive.
That is another fault of mine i am trying to fix but yea. I think its the wrong place to talk too much about it apart from the layout and theme.
No offence but i am not here to take members. Damn most wont like it anyways lol. Just more to get a perspective of the site.
The Rules!

(10-20-2009, 12:15 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Stats are better than it deserves. Well it did have over 1k but i pruned 400 or so and now its back to 1k again.
My methods have been vast. Seriously!! Everything from hacking warez forums to spamming. Hate to say it but its been that varied.
Nothing has ever really worked well. My member base is mostly inactive.
That is another fault of mine i am trying to fix but yea. I think its the wrong place to talk too much about it apart from the layout and theme.
No offence but i am not here to take members. Damn most wont like it anyways lol. Just more to get a perspective of the site.

Regardless, you've done a really good job. The theme, in my opinion, wasn't amazing. I didn't really like the background much - personally, I'd prefer a more basic theme, but that's based on one's opinion.
As far as advertising goes, maybe you could try advertising it in real life. Omniscient advertised his forums by marketing it in his old shop - perhaps you could do something like this too. Just a thought.
We have discussed paying for google ads. There are so few flame forums ads around. Paid ones that is.
Just to gain more active member and prob will in the next few weeks.
The Rules!

(10-20-2009, 12:28 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: We have discussed paying for google ads. There are so few flame forums ads around. Paid ones that is.
Just to gain more active member and prob will in the next few weeks.

The most successful flame forum is http://wtf.com. Maybe you should check it out - perhaps you can get some ideas from them.
Hey DAMINK™ i can hook you up with a tld (top level domain) i.e. domain.com i have a spare domain im not using thats included with my hosting package
give me your best offer and ill think about it Smile
Quote:Hey DAMINK™ i can hook you up with a tld (top level domain) i.e. domain.com i have a spare domain im not using thats included with my hosting package
Thanks for the offer, But ftw.net.au is a tld.
I also have flametheweb.com pointing to the same forum.
The Rules!

very nice job, xD , its amazing the number of members you have lol
(10-21-2009, 05:50 PM)MAcar Wrote: Hey DAMINK™ i can hook you up with a tld (top level domain) i.e. domain.com i have a spare domain im not using thats included with my hosting package

Are you actually asking for more than $10 for a random domain =\
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chill Forum [NEW] [+3 Domains] [General Forum] [Giveaway!] [Awards!] OpenSSL 0 508 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  New forum I just made - Swimmingforums.net competitive swimming forum Carbon Host 3 839 08-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  New theme (ftw forum) DAMINK™ 9 1,248 05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  Forum Source | The ultimate forum owner and addict community Amazing 129 37,193 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Hex