Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
☺ The Top of the Line Top 5 Anti-Viruses Around Town ☺
(05-19-2011, 11:13 AM)The Stig Wrote: I personally had ESET before, but i didn't like it, because i didn't feel secure. I don't know how to tell this but. Every time i scanned a file, it 30% out of 100% it would say that the file could not be scanned, because it couldn't open it or something like that. Now however i had MBAM, Avira with Comodo firewall. And i feel safe now.

I've never tried ESET, which is why I don't recommend it to anyone, but I won't say it's a bad option either for that reason. I just know that it's up there on most reviews that i've seen.
You can try giving their online scan a try for a start.
(05-20-2011, 06:59 AM)Quintus Wrote: You can try giving their online scan a try for a start.

The ESET online scanner? See i've never tried that either, which is why I don't recommend it because i've never looked into it before lol. And neither have I said that it was a bad antivirus because of my lack of information about ESET.
(05-20-2011, 03:47 PM)Infinity Wrote: The ESET online scanner? See i've never tried that either, which is why I don't recommend it because i've never looked into it before lol. And neither have I said that it was a bad antivirus because of my lack of information about ESET.

Indeed. Let me treat you the HijackThis way. Roflmao
  • Step 1

Please run a free online scan with ESET Online Scanner by downloading ESET Smart Installer 'here'. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double-click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to execute the program.
    • Tick Yes, I accept the Terms of Use.
    • Click Start.
    • If this is your first time installing the scanner, allow the ActiveX Control to install.
    • Database download may take some time.
    • When done, make sure that the option Remove found threats is ticked. Under the and Advanced Settings, please put a check on the following options:
      • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
    • Click Start.
    • Wait for the scan to finish.
    • Once it is finished, use Notepad to open the log file located at C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt.
    • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
In my opinion, when i do a ESET online scan, i don't feel like it is doing a very good job. I have no idea why i get that, but i don't feel like ESET is doing the best they can. Maybe it sounds crazy to you, but to me it is true.
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
To be honest, I will not associate personal feelings with the scanning ability of any scanner.
I use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
(05-25-2011, 01:30 PM)Gnizama Wrote: I use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

You might as well not post if that is all you are going to say.
I agree with Avira, kaspersky, and nod. everything else is garbage.
(05-29-2011, 07:52 PM)Atthackers Wrote: I agree with Avira, kaspersky, and nod. everything else is garbage.

That's a little too fast with the conclusion, don't you think? I don't suppose you've tried them all for you to judge so quickly?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 43 Cyber Security Tools to Improve Your Network Security tk-hassan 0 652 01-29-2020, 04:00 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  ★ ★ ★ Top Ten FREE AntiVirus Software ★ ★ ★ Butters 129 47,326 12-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  [Explanation] Everything you MUST know about viruses [MUST read] Vexna 11 2,522 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  Top 10 antivirus software [Must have] Notorious Mental 48 12,208 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: VinceB
  [Tutorial]Anti anti's! bling111 3 1,552 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Boing7898