Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
☺ The Top of the Line Top 5 Anti-Viruses Around Town ☺
(04-23-2011, 05:57 AM)Infinity Wrote: Well if you want to judge by ratings and reviews, that is wrong. Take a look here:

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
http://www.devduff.com/software/top-ten-...s-2011.php
http://www.toptenantivirus.net/
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/collectio...id_av.html

Bitdefender is at the top of the list, along with Norton and Kaspersky. The 3 that i've always liked from my experience. The lists dont mean anything though to be honest when it comes to computer security. It's based on a number of things, even though I would still say that BitDefender is the best. I didn't even look at any lists, i've just found it to be very effective with blocking out viruses and other intrusions. Same with Norton 360 2010.

G-data hardly does anything in comparison, and Norton or BitDefender has more configuration to determine what you want the AV to block and accept.

In my opinion bit defender don't got a chance of beating ESET. I don't know if Noton is better than ESET, but do i think is it is.

Btw. i am not even going to argue with you, it will end up you winning Tongue
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
Norton has high detection rates because of the information that they gather from their community. They are usually first in the line of AV's to get updated malicious code to add into the detection for newer releases of their AV. They have a really big community which makes them that successful in my opinion. That's why Microsoft Security Essentials was good right off the bat when it came out. Microsoft already has all of the information they need. They just needed to put something together that would detect against all of the malicious code that they already know about.
(04-22-2011, 09:51 PM)Deltron Wrote: Why would you classify all other Antivirus programs as terrible? Avast! Pro Antivirus or Microsoft Security Essentials? I agree, that the five that you listed are amongst those most used, but that doesn’t mean the rest are “crapware”. It's one to say that those programs are efficient, but it's another to say that all others are inadequate.

Yes that was the right word for the job. And Avast! isn't too great overall. It is above average and above AVG in Internet Security as well. Microsoft Essentials is getting with the game now though so they are both good, just not the top five. Maybe the top seven Oui
[Image: t5BWm.png]
If that Microsoft essentials is the one I'm thinking about, then that crap is infected. I downloaded it and my malwarbytes said it was infected with several things.
[Image: rara.png]
Naming microsoft essentials and not naming symantec or norton is a grave mistake . Needless to say , I've been to some of the seminars of the NIC ( norton inner circle) and the demonstrations shown by them were great . I've tried the latest norton 360 and it seems to be even better than Kaspersky in some cases .
I hate sex in the movies. Tried it once, the seat folded up, the drink spilled and that ice,
well it really chilled her mood.

[Image: 506243.png]
Linux is the best antivirus. Or Spyware Doctor. ;)
Avast A-V should definitely be in top 5.
(04-24-2011, 08:10 AM)Telhast Wrote: Naming microsoft essentials and not naming symantec or norton is a grave mistake . Needless to say , I've been to some of the seminars of the NIC ( norton inner circle) and the demonstrations shown by them were great . I've tried the latest norton 360 and it seems to be even better than Kaspersky in some cases .

That's what I would have recommended, Norton 360 2010 or BitDefender. Both have been really great running on my computer. I have never gotten a virus when I was using either one of them, but I have always been cautious of other AV's because most of the other ones (latest releases) haven't been as good. I need to reinstall Norton soon.
Dammit. I still have AVG installed on my pc #_#
There goes all possible credibility I have in this discussion.
Yep, couldn't put it in any better form.

Perfect how you have it.

That would be my top 5.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
Learning in progress...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 43 Cyber Security Tools to Improve Your Network Security tk-hassan 0 644 01-29-2020, 04:00 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  ★ ★ ★ Top Ten FREE AntiVirus Software ★ ★ ★ Butters 129 46,616 12-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  [Explanation] Everything you MUST know about viruses [MUST read] Vexna 11 2,463 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  Top 10 antivirus software [Must have] Notorious Mental 48 11,972 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: VinceB
  [Tutorial]Anti anti's! bling111 3 1,528 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Boing7898