Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Net Coding Challenge #4
(04-19-2011, 03:00 PM)Infinity Wrote: Create something then lol, I haven't seen any submissions from you on any of the coding challenges yet..

Well I need to be at university to code in lingo because I aint spending £1000 buying adobe director. Big Grin
When i'm at university I got no time for these challenges as I have a big assignment to do and it will be a struggle to get it done in time as it is.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(04-19-2011, 04:22 PM)Untouch Wrote: Well I need to be at university to code in lingo because I aint spending £1000 buying adobe director. Big Grin
When i'm at university I got no time for these challenges as I have a big assignment to do and it will be a struggle to get it done in time as it is.

You don't have Visual Basic?

There's other contests as well, 4 in total, but i've only seen comments from you lol. The timer took me 10 mins max, and the MD5 hash took me around an hour or so, but with almost all the functions you would need to determine the MD5 hash of a file. The PigLatin one wasn't too difficult if you know string arrays and functions.

Deadline for MD5 hash checking program is May 30. PigLatin Translator is May 1st, and the timer is for April 21st. There's lots of time for the MD5 hash checker.
So... who else is working on this challenge? I just started it. I need to figure out how I'm going to incorporate SF into the theme. But I got my snake moving!
Sounds nice! I can't find an easy way to move the snake though, and I'm not in the mood to bother it cause I'm making another game...
My software company: Porosis Software
Games: Terrantula
Apps: Mathanasis, ColorGrabber
This challege was definitely a challenge. This project took a lot more than I thought it would. The theme I incorporated was just the SF colors. I didn't do anything fancy because I am not very creative. And I don't know if I want to work on this project any further.

Any ways.. My Submission (Click to View)
Looks nice but it's still a little buggy. After a score of 2 on level 3, the red target disappeared and never returned to the screen.
Very nice work KoBe, it worked perfectly without any major bugs. Only thing I'd say is try making each level just a little bit faster.
Level 1 is incredibly slow.
(04-21-2011, 10:53 PM)Infinity Wrote: Looks nice but it's still a little buggy. After a score of 2 on level 3, the red target disappeared and never returned to the screen.

Yea, I think it's because it's hiding behind the file menu. I tried to adjust it and thought it was fixed

(04-22-2011, 03:39 AM)Fragma Wrote: Very nice work KoBe, it worked perfectly without any major bugs. Only thing I'd say is try making each level just a little bit faster.
Level 1 is incredibly slow.

Yeah, I was planning on figureing that out. The timer interval won't go any faster but I am going to play with the snake taking bigger steps.
Only a few more days.. anyone else going to attempt this?
im trying to write snake in xna, i will post the source code if i finish it before the deadline.. xna games are written in c#

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code Challenge - Created by Ace AceInfinity 5 1,448 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Help with coding jerrojack 1 747 12-29-2011, 03:27 AM
  Coding-Central.net - Coding, cracking and webmastering. w00pz 5 2,002 09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
  Help Coding A Downloader? Fragma 9 2,776 08-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Last Post: LiveModz
  .Net Coding Challenge #5 iCrack 18 4,697 05-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Last Post: thanasis2028