Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
.Net Coding Challenge #2
My Turn!!?!?! Yeye
Here's mine: (Click to View)

I didn't get around to error handling and checking if the files in the textbox were valid files. But I will implement that later. Also when I have time I'm going to try this out in C# as well.
Looks I'm the lone wolf when it comes to the way we did this project! My code is pretty simple though. Looks like everyone did it the hard way!
Everybody's seemed to get their programs to work. Another challenge bites the dust.

@Infinity
What are you using this for? Confused Im thinking you forgot to take it out?
Code:
Dim ObjFSO As Object = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Dim objFile = ObjFSO.GetFile(TextBox1.Text)

(04-18-2011, 12:54 PM)Fragma Wrote: By the way guys.. Can I host the next challenge? Smile

I don't see why not! Superman

(04-18-2011, 10:21 AM)The High Roller Wrote: My Submission:

Now this is what I call useful for something in the future. Great idea Infinity.

Where are the comment's yo?!?
That's a good question lol, I tried a different method of getting the file location directory, but I changed my method and reverted it to the one that I have now. I don't know why I kept it in there, I copied the code out with minor modifications though, but that variable isn't even used after it's defined I just noticed. I took it out though.

I like the way you changed the string though, to whether it's a file that got modified or not, I don't see a big point in what the last file was, although it is a little fancy lol.

Where's the drag and drop feature and all of that though? lol If you added a button to copy out the MD5 hashes somehow that would be an improvement too I think.
(04-18-2011, 12:39 PM)dudesons123 Wrote: The code:
The download link: http://7019.a.hostable.me/CheckMD5.exe
And an image:
[Image: 1.PNG]

This isn't in correct MD5 format though, but it's a good attempt Smile
I updated my code and program functionality, it's a lot more advanced than it used to be, and no more annoying popup windows for MD5 confirmation. It's all in a label like KoBE's program. I got the idea of him, and I like it a lot better now that I added my code to make it that way.

Update: Added a paste function as well which will erase everything from the manual input MD5 hash textbox, and paste the data string from your clipboard. (The last piece of text you copied)

[Image: unledox.png]

Direct Download (Immediate):
http://download1289.mediafire.com/96yfwb...k+v2.0.exe
Can you post the source? I don't really want to download it because I have to much crap on my computer.
(04-19-2011, 10:40 AM)Fragma Wrote: Can you post the source? I don't really want to download it because I have to much crap on my computer.

I already did, I just added a few things to it thats all. For the paste function I just added:

Code:
Private Sub Paste_Button_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Paste_Button.Click
        Manual_Input.Text = ""
        Manual_Input.Paste()
    End Sub

and for the new label for MD5 hash comparison confirmation:

Code:
Private Sub Label4_Text(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Label4.TextChanged
        If Label4.Text = "The file comparison confirmed that the MD5 Hashes match." Then
            Label4.ForeColor = Color.LightGreen
        ElseIf Label4.Text = "The file comparison confirmed that the MD5 Hashes do not match." Then
            Label4.ForeColor = Color.Red
        End If
    End Sub

The program is only 345Kb lol Smile
(04-19-2011, 10:43 AM)Infinity Wrote: The program is only 345Kb lol Smile

Thanks. The file size wasn't a problem, I just don't like having loads of programs cluttering my folders. Tongue
Did you change "{0:X1}" to "{0:X2}" like I recommended?
(04-19-2011, 10:46 AM)Fragma Wrote: Thanks. The file size wasn't a problem, I just don't like having loads of programs cluttering my folders. Tongue
Did you change "{0:X1}" to "{0:X2}" like I recommended?

Yeah I did, I also changed a few lines of code to tidy things up. I don't have repeats of the same thing like I used to. Only a couple where I needed it

Edit: My app is finally complete. all errors were solved and handled. Works perfect

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code Challenge - Created by Ace AceInfinity 5 1,447 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Help with coding jerrojack 1 747 12-29-2011, 03:27 AM
  Coding-Central.net - Coding, cracking and webmastering. w00pz 5 2,002 09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
  Help Coding A Downloader? Fragma 9 2,768 08-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Last Post: LiveModz
  .Net Coding Challenge #5 iCrack 18 4,693 05-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Last Post: thanasis2028