Support Forums

Full Version: .Net Coding Challenge #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Challenge: MD5 Checksum File Comparison
End date: May 30, 2011
Details: Create an application that will compare the MD5 of 2 different files to determine whether they are the same file or not.
Requirements: Must have room for at least (2) files to compare the MD5 hash. Your code also must be commented to help direct others through your code.
Optional: You can add an area where you can convert the MD5 Hash of a file to a text string in correct MD5 format. (Ex: Display in a textbox, label...)

How to enter:
Enter by responding to this thread stating are going to attempt this challenge. Do not PM me.

How to submit:
Submit by using a spoiler tag to hide you submission. Include a screen shot, the source code in {code} tags, a download link to the project. (Optional but preferred)

Choosing a winner:
If you complete this.. then you are a winner. This is not a contest to see who 'coded the best'. This is a challenge to see if you can complete it. Visual is Optional, but it will make your program look nice to the SF community.

Disclaimer:
This is meant to be fun and constructive. By submitting your code for this challenge you agree not to get butt-hurt if somebody criticizes your work. Take the criticism, learn from it, and move on. Also, all comments made should be constructive. NO FLAMING ALLOWED. All flaming attempts will be reported.

To everyone: Good luck.

Submissions: Downloads Included
Fragma [Download]
The High Roller [Download]
Infinity [Download]
KoBE [Download]
*dudesons123: completed a file byte size comparison but not the MD5 hash comparison [Download]

I started working on this today a few hours ago, but it seemed like it would be a very useful desktop application as well. So if you do end up coding this, then you'll be happy that you finished the program, and also, you'll be able to put it to good use on your computer Smile
This is a lot easier than the last challenge. Tongue
(04-18-2011, 08:59 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]This is a lot easier than the last challenge. Tongue

Indeed Fragma, I will enjoy this project. Infinity, does GUI matter?
Ill start on it, this is mutch more fun/and easier than the pig latin.
My Submission:

Now this is what I call useful for something in the future. Great idea Infinity.
The High Roller for the love of god stop using that text! The coded by you part. It's soo ugly trust me.
Interesting code though, I've never made something like this before.
I have mine working. The code is really bad, as I haven't coded anything for like 6 months, but yeh it works so I don't care lol...

Just working on a nice GUI now, I'll post it up later on today.

(04-18-2011, 10:28 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]The High Roller for the love of god stop using that text! The coded by you part. It's soo ugly trust me.
Interesting code though, I've never made something like this before.

I love you too Untouch, but my GUI is never good. Never focusing on it until I make a legitimate release that is super awesome. It is a simple link to credits... Chillax. It is an easy text signature picture to create.
(04-18-2011, 10:30 AM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]I love you too Untouch, but my GUI is never good. Never focusing on it until I make a legitimate release that is super awesome. It is a simple link to credits... Chillax. It is an easy text signature picture to create.

Anything that looks bad bugs me! lol
(04-18-2011, 10:37 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Anything that looks bad bugs me! lol

I've noticed, but that is a good thing. I sure hope you know your thing with colors fluently. POP QUIZ! What colors match with orange!
Pages: 1 2 3