Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want some great, cheap VB books/software?
Hehe, first post sounds like spam, but...

Seriously, head to places like Goodwill, your local church, or state welfare/unemployment building. You can go there and find hundreds of computer books or software (some of it antique, some of it quite new) for almost nothing! I bought an official MS VB6 book with an intact, unopened cd for $2.99(US). Book went for $20(US) so saving that money is good. I also scored an older (but still usable) "Linux Unleashed" book for $2.99(US) as well.

I know that our local Catholic church has monthly giveaways of books and I have gotten some great books from there for free.

If you go to the welfare/unemployment office, they usually have free resources there you can get for just giving them your SS number. For example, I received free MS Office training software as well as ebooks I can use.

Just sayin that if you look in the oddest places you will find the best treasures...

(MODs: Please move this if it is in the wrong section)
Well this is a alright tutorial, but there are online websites with more info than books and stay updated. For example msdn, thats a very good site.
True, but this was more for getting physical works, not electronic ( as well as having a tight budget.) Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Visual Basic Guides, Tutorials, Web Resources, and E-books Compilation simply_mark 1 1,629 11-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Last Post: TalishHF