Support Forums

Full Version: Want some great, cheap VB books/software?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hehe, first post sounds like spam, but...

Seriously, head to places like Goodwill, your local church, or state welfare/unemployment building. You can go there and find hundreds of computer books or software (some of it antique, some of it quite new) for almost nothing! I bought an official MS VB6 book with an intact, unopened cd for $2.99(US). Book went for $20(US) so saving that money is good. I also scored an older (but still usable) "Linux Unleashed" book for $2.99(US) as well.

I know that our local Catholic church has monthly giveaways of books and I have gotten some great books from there for free.

If you go to the welfare/unemployment office, they usually have free resources there you can get for just giving them your SS number. For example, I received free MS Office training software as well as ebooks I can use.

Just sayin that if you look in the oddest places you will find the best treasures...

(MODs: Please move this if it is in the wrong section)
Well this is a alright tutorial, but there are online websites with more info than books and stay updated. For example msdn, thats a very good site.
True, but this was more for getting physical works, not electronic ( as well as having a tight budget.) Smile