Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I sleep so often these days.
My tonsils were taken out because my lymph nodes and/or adnoids were swollen badly. I can't remember which it was.

The medication is:
Cephalexin 500mg (3 capsules per day)
Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) 2 capsules per day

Another thing I suppose I should mention is my recent lack of appetite. However, again, I assume this is because of the sickness, because my brother has experienced a lack of hunger as well. I tried to eat dinner last night, but was only able to eat two bites of chicken and a french fry before I was (or 'felt') full. Right now, I know that I'm hungry, but I don't feel it, so I think I'd have a hard time eating.
(10-19-2009, 11:39 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: My tonsils were taken out because my lymph nodes and/or adnoids were swollen badly. I can't remember which it was.

The medication is:
Cephalexin 500mg (3 capsules per day)
Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) 2 capsules per day

Another thing I suppose I should mention is my recent lack of appetite. However, again, I assume this is because of the sickness, because my brother has experienced a lack of hunger as well. I tried to eat dinner last night, but was only able to eat two bites of chicken and a french fry before I was (or 'felt') full. Right now, I know that I'm hungry, but I don't feel it, so I think I'd have a hard time eating.

Actually, you're adenoids are basically lymph nodes, and these adenoids are commonly called tonsils. Smile

Cefalexin/Cephalexin is your basic cephalosporin class of antibiotic, mostly wide spectrum.
Tamiflu is basically a common medication for flu.

With flu, colds, sore throat, and strep throat (including tonsillitis), anorexia is common. To increase your appetite, you have to increase your desire to consume, and there's no better appetizer than soup (I prefer Miso soup, salty beef broth, crab soup or mushroom soup when I don't have an appetite, you could try something similar, but it should be mostly salty.) or Garlic bread, french toast or crackers. Sweets won't help though. You should aim for spicy, garlicky, salty foods to get your appetite back. And don't forget to have plenty of rest and fluids (warm lemonade or tea or just water would suffice).

Blackhat
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
(10-19-2009, 09:31 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I don't really understand your question. Could you reword it, please?

@Sorath/PaNiK,

I really doubt I have diabetes. No one, like no one in my family has it. Not even distant cousins and all that. I know this for a fact. I haven't experienced (most) of those symptoms that Sorath mentioned. The only I can think of that I do is fatigue, and that's probably where the tiredness comes into play. I'm really starting to think it's because I have strep throat/the flu that I am so tired and everything.

Do you feel like everyone around you is just stupid, and you slightly annoyed or stressed? I was told stress sleep was quite common. Some times i can sleep a straight 12 hours. Just on a little stress.
Quote:Do you feel like everyone around you is just stupid, and you slightly annoyed or stressed? I was told stress sleep was quite common. Some times i can sleep a straight 12 hours. Just on a little stress.

No, not really. I mean, anyone who surfs the Web is going to encounter some idiotic people, but irl, no. I live with my parents and one of my brothers, so it's not like that.
(10-20-2009, 01:48 PM)Tm0 Wrote: Do you feel like everyone around you is just stupid, and you slightly annoyed or stressed? I was told stress sleep was quite common. Some times i can sleep a straight 12 hours. Just on a little stress.

Stress and seasonal depression have that same symptom of sleeping for long hours. Mainly both having mood changes with environment. But justifying your condition just from sleep isn't quite enough to give a substantial diagnosis of one's condition IMO.

Blackhat
Help us help you...
Hey bro, i'm not sure if this has been posted et, as i'm not going to real all three pages. But being constantly tired is an early sign of mono, or that you are slipping into a state of depression.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-20-2009, 09:58 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Hey bro, i'm not sure if this has been posted et, as i'm not going to real all three pages. But being constantly tired is an early sign of mono, or that you are slipping into a state of depression.

Maybe, but like I said earlier, there are a lot of conditions where you tend to sleep longer or are easily fatigued , it could be you have a flu, colds, underlying internal physiological problem, depression (there are many types of depression, ranging from seasonal to major or mixed types with manic bipolar disorders, etc), (dis)stress, seasonal and/or environmental changes or stress, sedentary (monotonous) living or lifestyle, hormonal imbalance, electrolyte imbalance, etc.

Blackhat
Help us help you...
(10-20-2009, 09:58 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Hey bro, i'm not sure if this has been posted et, as i'm not going to real all three pages. But being constantly tired is an early sign of mono, or that you are slipping into a state of depression.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. However, I doubt that's it, 'cause I haven't had oral contact with anyone for a while. I guess that's irrelevant, 'cause the infection can apparently stay alive for 4 months or so (according to Wiki), but still, it's probably just this flu.

So, some updates:
+I haven't had any of those weird thoughts lately, but I've still having rather interrupted sleep. For example, I went to sleep at around 10:30 'cause I felt exhausted, and I woke up at 1 or so because it was EXTREMELY hot in my room. I don't feel tired now, and can't get back to sleep.

+After I told my dad I hadn't eaten all day 'cause I wasn't hungry, he made me eat some (chicken noodle) soup, which seems to have 'sparked' my appetite, if that makes any sense. I'm now eating crackers + peanut butter, which, granted, isn't wholesome, but every step counts Tongue
(10-21-2009, 12:47 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: +After I told my dad I hadn't eaten all day 'cause I wasn't hungry, he made me eat some (chicken noodle) soup, which seems to have 'sparked' my appetite, if that makes any sense. I'm now eating crackers + peanut butter, which, granted, isn't wholesome, but every step counts Tongue

Hmmm. Confirms my soup and crackers solution. Big Grin
Help us help you...
(10-21-2009, 12:54 AM)S0rath 0f the Black Sun Wrote: Hmmm. Confirms my soup and crackers solution. Big Grin

Yes, you were dead on Tongue

By the way, about how old are you? Are you in your 20s, 30s, or what? I'm simply curious =P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When you just can't sleep? Omniscient 280 157,393 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Longest you've gone without sleep? 13th 23 3,986 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Do you sleep naked? Mono 97 25,846 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Zyx
  How to sleep when not tired? BleepyEvans 25 3,274 03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: [nWo] Hulk Hogan
  Are you sleep deprived? Depth 25 3,117 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash