Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I sleep so often these days.
Hi guys.

I'm 15 and male, and I seem to have run into a problem. I get tired really easily for some reason, and this has been going on for the past three days. I take walks daily and play with my puppy (yes, it's rigorous Tongue), so I don't think it's from the lack of exercise. I'm thinking it has to do with me catching whatever my (17 year old) brother has. It's either the flu, strep, or just a simple sore throat. I don't get sick often at all, so I'm quite surprised this has happened.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt me that much, because I do online school, ergo my schedule is very flexible. However, it just sucks, because I'll randomly get tired and fall asleep, then I'll wake up like 3-5 hours later, and this is the kicker; I have these strange thoughts that I can never seem to shake. No, they're not sexual. It's like I'm in a dream, but awake. I roll around a lot, and I have these imaginary thoughts where I'm in a world where people can control others. And no, this doesn't stem from thje movie "Gamer" Tongue. I just have all these thoughts.. it's almost as though the people in my 'thoughts', including me, are puppeteers, and we control other people. 90% of the time, it's like I know if I just get up, the thoughts will go away, but I just can't. If you can give me any advice, I'd love youforever. The thoughts aren't scary in nature, it's just they make me roll around a lot, as though I'm experiencing it irl.

PS: Sleeping pills are not an option. I'm thinking maybe I should eat more. Eh.
Sorry that I can't help with your problem. But where do you take classes online at 15?
(10-19-2009, 12:13 PM)nevets04 Wrote: Sorry that I can't help with your problem. But where do you take classes online at 15?

It's part of the school system here. Well, it's more like an option, and I prefer it because I like having an open schedule.
(10-19-2009, 12:13 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: It's part of the school system here. Well, it's more like an option, and I prefer it because I like having an open schedule.

That's interesting. i've never heard of anything like that.
I don't think that's abnormal for a teen. Are you going through a growth spurt? Or maybe you are about to have one.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-19-2009, 12:17 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I don't think that's abnormal for a teen. Are you going through a growth spurt? Or maybe you are about to have one.

I cannot be certain. I've been 5'10 since two years ago, so it's doubtful, but who knows? It is possible. Perhaps the strange (to say the least) thoughts/dreams are a result from too much free time :S
(10-19-2009, 12:18 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I cannot be certain. I've been 5'10 since two years ago, so it's doubtful, but who knows? It is possible. Perhaps the strange (to say the least) thoughts/dreams are a result from too much free time :S

I don't think it's physical, since you're still a teen, you're still growing, you start capping that growth at 21-23 and your developmental "challenge" for this age group is not a major factor in what's been happening to you.

You say that you have online school and you mostly just take walks and play with your puppy? Are your activities in a schedule? Even if you say you have a flexible time, make sure to not do things how you do them. What I'm trying to say is don't be monotonous, you apparently seem to have been doing things mostly in a routine, even if you jumble your activities, you do them the same way.

Try something new or try a new method at approaching your everyday activities, listen to some new, different music, you never know what you might like. Go to a bookstore and go try a book or a set of books that you've never touched before, try an author you never read before. Hang out friends' houses, try opening up conversations with people, try meeting new people perhaps. When you drink, try something different, google a cocktail or two.

Blackhat
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Quote:You say that you have online school and you mostly just take walks and play with your puppy? Are your activities in a schedule? Even if you say you have a flexible time, make sure to not do things how you do them. What I'm trying to say is don't be monotonous, you apparently seem to have been doing things mostly in a routine, even if you jumble your activities, you do them the same way.

That makes sense. I'll attempt to change it up some. Change is always good Smile Thanks Mr. RN Big Grin
(10-19-2009, 04:07 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: That makes sense. I'll attempt to change it up some. Change is always good Smile Thanks Mr. RN Big Grin

You're welcome Elektrisk. Big Grin

EDIT: Update us also if the change worked and is healthy for you or not. Smile
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
I get like this when I am depressed/stressed and hungry. Minus the dream though.
[Image: arch2.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When you just can't sleep? Omniscient 280 157,389 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Longest you've gone without sleep? 13th 23 3,986 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Do you sleep naked? Mono 97 25,844 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Zyx
  How to sleep when not tired? BleepyEvans 25 3,274 03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: [nWo] Hulk Hogan
  Are you sleep deprived? Depth 25 3,116 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM