Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I sleep so often these days.
(10-21-2009, 02:30 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: svenska* Sorry, I had to Big Grin
You're right about the oriental thing. I suppose Mandarin would be the best to learn out of Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, ect. Danish is next to useless, and I understand it (when written) already anyway Tongue There're even less speakers of Danish than Swedish. As for Finnish, it's also useless, and ridiculously difficult. It's not in the slightest related to Swedish, unfortunately.

Spanish just seems like a staple language for aspiring translators :B Especially in the United States.

I think I will be very successful at it, no matter which languages I end up learning. This thought stems from the fact that I seem to have a natural talent for interpreting. As you probably know, 'interpreting'/'translating' isn't just copying word for word (even if the grammar et. al is correct); it's about transposing the ideas from one language to another. I translate songs into Swedish often, as it's a great way to build vocabulary, but more importantly, it helps with interpretation.

LOL. Forgot the N. Tongue

You could learn either Mandarin or Fookien, both are pretty easy, I suggest finding a good language teacher or self help language learning discs.

I'm researching on the Germanic and the later Norden languages. Mainly on the sprachbünde und der sprachraum auf den Norden Sprache. I'm challenged by the Finnish difficulty. Big Grin It's actually related to Svenska historically. Long story short: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_su...hypothesis

Spanish is necessary in the US because of the amount of Mexican immigrants (even illegals). Lipssealed

Unfortunately I couldn't verify your translation. lol. Tongue
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When you just can't sleep? Omniscient 280 157,378 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Longest you've gone without sleep? 13th 23 3,985 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Do you sleep naked? Mono 97 25,840 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Zyx
  How to sleep when not tired? BleepyEvans 25 3,274 03-24-2012, 12:41 PM