Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Calling All Coders in All Coding Languages [Now Accepting Contestants]
(04-13-2011, 08:08 AM)Gaijin Wrote: QFT....

For real, you guys talk way too much on this subject, stop talking and do something.
I'm a PHP/JS/Python coder (sorted by skill), so a contest in one of those 3 languages would be something I would enter. You really need to come up with something, stop posting non-sence and do something....

You can't do anything until you have an organized plan. It'll be a greater success if we all contribute to how this is going to be run. I don't see how you would consider that nonsense.
Listen you guys have 2 threads on the same freakin topic, I generally hate when people just talk and don't do crap.
SO instead of getting feedback, use your own freakin brain and come up with something. All I see here is $post_count++ ...

Is it really that hard to come up with something to code, or atleast to write a tutorial on some kind of topic, no all you do is talk how awesome it would be if someone would do it..... wow... constructive....
I post from time to time tutorials in PHP and Web Development, and mostly I get no response (no real atleast) but that still doesn't stop me from doing my part for the coding section.
You act like you need someones approval to start something...
Nike Wrote:Just Do It

Now, I'm in for any contest you guys can come up with, if my skills are good in the given subject.

(04-13-2011, 08:45 AM)Infinity Wrote: You can't do anything until you have an organized plan. It'll be a greater success if we all contribute to how this is going to be run. I don't see how you would consider that nonsense.
Because out of 5 pages and 2 threads, those guys don't have anything..... I can't see anything helpful there...

Here you go a second of thinking.....

Coding contest:
Task: Code Ajax Chat room.
Time: 4 days
Languages: JavaScript, (PHP/Python), HTML/CSS
Disallowed: usage of PHP htmlentities() and htmlspecialchars()
bla bla bla.....

So we have a contest now, it's about coding a chat-room with Ajax.... we have time, languages and we limited the contestants in their function usage.... The judges would now go and look at all given sources, and decide which one is best coded, consumes lowest bandwidth/memory/time, is secure.... and other things like how easy the app is to use by standard users.

Which brings to the fact, that for such contest you will need good coders for judges..... you can't just take anyone...
Good luck, i may join later if that is okay.
Bump Friends... Bump.

Sidenote: So I have compiled that:

We want SF Members to vote, everyone on SF gets one vote.
I am taking in contestants.
We are waiting for more contestants.
What is the theme going to be?

Also, any other contestants?... Come on.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-13-2011, 08:55 AM)Gaijin Wrote: Listen you guys have 2 threads on the same freakin topic, I generally hate when people just talk and don't do crap.
SO instead of getting feedback, use your own freakin brain and come up with something. All I see here is $post_count++ ...

Is it really that hard to come up with something to code, or atleast to write a tutorial on some kind of topic, no all you do is talk how awesome it would be if someone would do it..... wow... constructive....
I post from time to time tutorials in PHP and Web Development, and mostly I get no response (no real atleast) but that still doesn't stop me from doing my part for the coding section.
You act like you need someones approval to start something...
Now, I'm in for any contest you guys can come up with, if my skills are good in the given subject.

(04-13-2011, 08:45 AM)Infinity Wrote: You can't do anything until you have an organized plan. It'll be a greater success if we all contribute to how this is going to be run. I don't see how you would consider that nonsense.
Because out of 5 pages and 2 threads, those guys don't have anything..... I can't see anything helpful there...

Here you go a second of thinking.....

Coding contest:
Task: Code Ajax Chat room.
Time: 4 days
Languages: JavaScript, (PHP/Python), HTML/CSS
Disallowed: usage of PHP htmlentities() and htmlspecialchars()
bla bla bla.....

So we have a contest now, it's about coding a chat-room with Ajax.... we have time, languages and we limited the contestants in their function usage.... The judges would now go and look at all given sources, and decide which one is best coded, consumes lowest bandwidth/memory/time, is secure.... and other things like how easy the app is to use by standard users.

Which brings to the fact, that for such contest you will need good coders for judges..... you can't just take anyone...

And what about the people who don't know how to code in Python, PHP, or Javascript? Your post still hasn't really confirmed anything for a contest. I don't see how it has started yet, because people are still confused on what is supposed to happen. I would recommend starting a topic for vb.net first. Would it not be smarter to start off with something more simple? Coding a chatroom wouldn't get very members involved, because I doubt many would be interested.

You just need to calm down.
but visual basic requires no skill at all...
maybe c++?
slowly getting better
(04-16-2011, 05:37 PM)haphazard Wrote: but visual basic requires no skill at all...
maybe c++?

Who are you talking to? It is for all coding languages. Read the title.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-16-2011, 05:37 PM)haphazard Wrote: but visual basic requires no skill at all...
maybe c++?

Just because it gives you examples of what you should use next in your line of coding does not mean it requires no skill at all. You can code different languages in Visual Basic as well. I don't think you have experimented around with any of that though
Count me in
(04-17-2011, 09:28 AM)dudesons123 Wrote: Count me in

Take a look into this thread if you are interested then: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid189397

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Coders - Icon Changer - Project 1 Arron XR 14 3,929 09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Last Post: malis2007
  [SF Coders]Imageshack.Us Image Scraper ★Cooldude★ 7 2,794 08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  [SF Coders] Grabbing an Icon from a File and Saving! [TUT] milopeach 13 3,213 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: OnyxDev
  [SF Coders] Password Generator ★Cooldude★ 23 10,792 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [SF Coders] Converting between SteamID's and Friend Profile ID's milopeach 5 2,132 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane