Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking help with data recovery
Report the post, mods don't read every post.
(04-07-2011, 02:37 PM)Laugh Wrote: Report the post, mods don't read every post.

I've reported it three times already.
Then
1. The report was accidentally removed (three times) because you cannot report a post more than once.
2. The lock request was denied.
DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER Pinch

Whatever you do, lol.
I don't splel check.
(04-07-2011, 04:31 PM)Scalise Wrote: DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER Pinch

Whatever you do, lol.

What? :S The first step is to turn off your computer. You don't want to use it at all... By turning off your computer you ensure that the data you deleted or lost, does not get overwritten with new data from it's existing information after the file was deleted.

the longer you use your computer, the less likely it is that your data can be recovered
(04-07-2011, 04:13 PM)Laugh Wrote: Then
1. The report was accidentally removed (three times) because you cannot report a post more than once.
2. The lock request was denied.

It wasn't the same post that was reported.
Sometimes they don't close a thread because it raises a discussion. If the thread is locked, and someone else has something to add onto this in terms of any additional information they may have, they can't

SF is still fairly small, so it won't function like most of the bigger forums that you know. Things are adjusted for the development of the forum in the early stages.
(04-07-2011, 05:46 PM)Infinity Wrote: Sometimes they don't close a thread because it raises a discussion. If the thread is locked, and someone else has something to add onto this in terms of any additional information they may have, they can't

SF is still fairly small, so it won't function like most of the bigger forums that you know. Things are adjusted for the development of the forum in the early stages.

I get what you're saying but it's my topic and if I've acquired all the information I was looking for, there is no need to keep the thread open for replies. If anyone wished to add something to it or has an inquiry of their own, they should feel free to make their own topic. This concept has been around for quite some time now and you see it being practiced on many forums. For example, if someone posts a thread about an issue they're having with their computer and someone comments 'Ya, I have that same problem but my computer is a XXX model and it does YYY instead of what is happening to yours', that person will usually be asked to make his own topic specific to his particular concern.

Bottom line is that this is my topic and if I'm satisfied with the information I've asked for, I will have it to be closed. Now, if they haven't gotten around to closing it by fluke, then, that I could understand but if they're leaving it open for the reason you specified above, that's not right.
(04-08-2011, 10:31 AM)Solidify Wrote: I get what you're saying but it's my topic and if I've acquired all the information I was looking for, there is no need to keep the thread open for replies. If anyone wished to add something to it or has an inquiry of their own, they should feel free to make their own topic. This concept has been around for quite some time now and you see it being practiced on many forums. For example, if someone posts a thread about an issue they're having with their computer and someone comments 'Ya, I have that same problem but my computer is a XXX model and it does YYY instead of what is happening to yours', that person will usually be asked to make his own topic specific to his particular concern.

Bottom line is that this is my topic and if I'm satisfied with the information I've asked for, I will have it to be closed. Now, if they haven't gotten around to closing it by fluke, then, that I could understand but if they're leaving it open for the reason you specified above, that's not right.

But if people just want to comment on how frustrating it can be from your thread, then locking or deleting this would discourage that. As i've said, even taking the time to discuss this with your right now is encouraging activity. If the thread was locked, these posts wouldn't exist. SF is still in the growth stages. If you lock all of the threads, there's less "rooms" to talk in.

First rule of thumb... Admins, and Staff will do as they please whatever they see fit for their own reasons. It's not always about right and wrong, and what's best isn't always right.

Not many of the comments in here were because someone had the same problem, they were just making comments on it. To make a thread for the small comments people have been making within this thread for no reason would seem illogical though. Since they aren't needing any help, so this is one of the only places to vent off a couple words here and there, further helping the activity of SF.

That may not be THE reason why it hasn't been closed yet, but I could see how that's a possibility in my mind.

If you want the comments to not have information on how you can fix the problem (because it's already solved for you) you could just put "[Solved]" into the title.
(04-08-2011, 02:34 PM)Infinity Wrote: But if people just want to comment on how frustrating it can be from your thread, then locking or deleting this would discourage that. As i've said, even taking the time to discuss this with your right now is encouraging activity. If the thread was locked, these posts wouldn't exist. SF is still in the growth stages. If you lock all of the threads, there's less "rooms" to talk in.

First rule of thumb... Admins, and Staff will do as they please whatever they see fit for their own reasons. It's not always about right and wrong, and what's best isn't always right.

Not many of the comments in here were because someone had the same problem, they were just making comments on it. To make a thread for the small comments people have been making within this thread for no reason would seem illogical though. Since they aren't needing any help, so this is one of the only places to vent off a couple words here and there, further helping the activity of SF.

That may not be THE reason why it hasn't been closed yet, but I could see how that's a possibility in my mind.

If you want the comments to not have information on how you can fix the problem (because it's already solved for you) you could just put "[Solved]" into the title.

I'm not at all interested in promoting SF's user-activity. A lot of you are stat-whores. This is a support forum. I needed help. I got it. End of story. If no one gets to reply and that makes it harder to get more inbound posts and therefore a less active site, boo-hoo! That's not the main focus of this forum is. Go back to HF.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AOL EMAIL PASSWORD RESET or RECOVERY 1866-201-6261 CONTACT AOL TECH SUPPORTT care newopu 1 915 05-24-2019, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AdilahBisar
  Reinstall using OS and Program/Data partitions J4P4NM4N 3 894 08-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Photo recovery from a re-formatted hard drive? delme 6 1,764 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Last Post: 4u111
  DATA RECOVERY FOR FREE! EXplore_System135 26 7,433 11-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Last Post: EXplore_System135
  data recovery help gwaan83 0 544 11-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Last Post: gwaan83