Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Banlist
(10-18-2009, 04:44 PM)Tim Wrote: I don't normally support banlists but considering the nature of this site I do. The reason for this is if I am reading someones advice about for example getting rid of a virus and their help is the only one that seems like its going to work I want to know if they were banned for giving false advice or something less severe.

Right, I wouldn't mind a simple ban page. In fact, I enjoy looking through to see all of the funny reasons people were banned. But I was referring to a hall of shame, a thread dedicated to people who have been banned. It would just be a waste of time for a moderator. I say that only because I expect this site to become very large, and with growth comes a lot more people getting banned.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

I like getting positive feedback! Thanks guys!
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-18-2009, 04:47 PM)S0rath 0f the Black Sun Wrote: Hall of Shame, Hall of Sheep. Sounds good. At least scammers, dupers, flamers and copypastas will be avoided (and possibly repelled) and will be consciously ignored by members if they were unaware of the actions of that member.

Hall of Fags, and so on.

P.S. I love you.
(10-18-2009, 04:48 PM)MreGSX Wrote: But I was referring to a hall of shame, a thread dedicated to people who have been banned. It would just be a waste of time for a moderator.

Then no, I don't support that. I don't see what it could possibly achieve.

Ps. I though your quote was OP, not headshot, my bad.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I'm not talking about a thread. I'm talking about a list, a list much like the members list. It would have an icon somewhere on the header and when you click it is just a list of people who have been banned and why.

Memberlist
I used to like looking at the bans.php on the other site..

Also, what does OP mean???
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-18-2009, 07:50 PM)Codine Wrote: I used to like looking at the bans.php on the other site..

Also, what does OP mean???

It stands for original poster.
That is me, I created the thread.
(10-19-2009, 07:11 AM)PaNiK Wrote: Meh, a Hall of Shame would just turn into a flame war because "Mai Fran got b4nned cuz u all -rep him u all poopieheadzz"

Not a thread! Just a list, like the members list. No one can post in the members list and they will not be allowed to post in the banlist.
I will not be having a member viewable ban list. If anything it will be for staff only.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.