Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not committed enough
(03-31-2011, 01:25 PM)Solidify Wrote: I'm from Canada not the UK. What would you like to know?

Oh, sorry. Your grade system is completely different than ours. We go up to 12, then 4+ years of college if we wish. What do you guys do?
I don't splel check.
(03-31-2011, 01:30 PM)Scalise Wrote: Oh, sorry. Your grade system is completely different than ours. We go up to 12, then 4+ years of college if we wish. What do you guys do?

Elementary school is pre-kindergaten to grade six.
High school (or secondary school) is grade seven (or secondary one) all the way to grade eleven (or secondary five).
After that, we go to college or trade school (whichever you're interested in). I went to college but enrolled into a general studies program because I didn't know what to do.
Once in college, depending on your program, you could be there for 2 or 3 years. Once you're done college, you go to university.

Apart from that, I think the rest is the same.

I'm still in college. I did one year in a program about arts, media and theater and then switched into the general studies program because the first choice wasn't what I thought it would be. The reason I switched into the general studies (or Social Sciences) program is because I don't know what I want to go into. My friend suggested me to go into hotel management because if you have enough patience and work your way up, you can make a lot of money.
(03-31-2011, 03:15 PM)Solidify Wrote: Elementary school is pre-kindergaten to grade six.
High school (or secondary school) is grade seven (or secondary one) all the way to grade eleven (or secondary five).

Are you from Eastern Canada? Cause in Western Canada we go from Kindergarten - Grade 7, Grade 8 - 12. And pre-secondary school is different for what class you take. You can choose to either go to College or University, just depending on your requirements such as a Second Language up to grade 11 (French,Spanish,Japanese - 11) and what classes you went up to.

Well you like to pirate alot, and guessing you spend alot of time on computers, so why not just find a Internet Marketing Class, or programming class in that nature. It's kinda late in my opinion learning at an age like 18 for you, but if you do find a strong language it could benefit alot to help you in the future. I remember you're from HF, and there was a thread saying what Programming Language had the most Job openings and what will be the easiest or something like that.
(03-31-2011, 03:36 PM)Epicly Wrote: Are you from Eastern Canada? Cause in Western Canada we go from Kindergarten - Grade 7, Grade 8 - 12. And pre-secondary school is different for what class you take. You can choose to either go to College or University, just depending on your requirements such as a Second Language up to grade 11 (French,Spanish,Japanese - 11) and what classes you went up to.

Well you like to pirate alot, and guessing you spend alot of time on computers, so why not just find a Internet Marketing Class, or programming class in that nature. It's kinda late in my opinion learning at an age like 18 for you, but if you do find a strong language it could benefit alot to help you in the future. I remember you're from HF, and there was a thread saying what Programming Language had the most Job openings and what will be the easiest or something like that.

I'm from Quebec. And the reason I DONT want to go into computers is because I'm afraid it will have a very sad future for me. Like I won't have a life if I become a techy. No social skills and I will always be in an office.
Solidify that isn't really true. Do you have social skills now? If yes then don't worry you won't lose them. If no then build them up before getting into that area.
(03-31-2011, 04:11 PM)Solidify Wrote: I'm from Quebec. And the reason I DONT want to go into computers is because I'm afraid it will have a very sad future for me. Like I won't have a life if I become a techy. No social skills and I will always be in an office.

Well I don't know life in Quebec, but in Alberta and BC everyone depends on Computers. Alberta has one of the highest crime rate so alot of buildings have security cameras, but who's gonna install it? In BC there are several gaming developers here such as EA's Blackbox and Sony's Little developers, and who are they gonna ask to hire? And there are way to many night clubs here in BC!Oui

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Girlfriend just committed Suicide Modern 28 10,419 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Dubai