Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Keyboard
I have no other Desktop to check with.
-Aelita
(03-28-2011, 07:21 PM)Aelita Wrote: I have no other Desktop to check with.

Not a friends, family member or something.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
not really, the only one possible is Dell and I hear only Dell works with Dell.
-Aelita
(03-28-2011, 07:24 PM)Aelita Wrote: not really, the only one possible is Dell and I hear only Dell works with Dell.

That is weird...

Well then I have no clue my friend.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Lolwut? Umm try cleaning it?
You mean clean the computer's memory or the hardware?
-Aelita
Keyboards and mice are generic (most the time). Whoever told you dell only works with dell must have been doing some psychedelic drugs.

How to diagnose...
1.Plug Keyboard and mouse into another computer (I am assuming you are using PS/2 devices, not USB). If both devices worked on the other computer then its the computer... if they didn't its the keyboard and mouse themselves. But unlikely as they rarely fail at the same time.
2.Try some other PS/2 devices in the computer. If these devices work it points back to your origional hardware, if they don't it points to your computer.
3.If USB devices (mouse and keyboards) work with the system it means there is a hardware fault. If they do not, the drivers for your input devices may have been corrupted or removed.

Let me know how you go (in this thread not PM), and if I decide to come back to the forum I will give you some solutions.
I've stated already that I replaced the Normal mouse with the USB mouse I use on my normal Computer and it worked, when the normal mouse didn't.
-Aelita
(03-30-2011, 02:15 PM)Aelita Wrote: I've stated already that I replaced the Normal mouse with the USB mouse I use on my normal Computer and it worked, when the normal mouse didn't.

You should test another working mouse at the back of your tower to see that it's not the mouse itself before you declare it to be a different issue.
Sounds like you need to reset your BIOS then.
Remove the CMOS battery or use the motherboard jumpers.

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS
[Image: burninglove4.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard stopped working Extasey 17 2,644 10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Extasey