Support Forums

Full Version: No Keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
OK, I have a XP desktop for a back-up computer, and as of right now the keyboard's not working, neither is the mouse, but I got around that by using my USB mouse, any ideas on why that's happening?
Is your keyboard connected by USB port or the connector at the back like most? I'm assuming your mouse was connected at the back. Some mouses and keyboards are not compatible with some systems though, so is this a different keyboard and mouse than what you have been using in the past for this computer?

If it has worked before on that computer, then you could just have connection issues. Make sure they are plugged in all the way at the back as your first thing to try.
The keyboard is connected throw the back, and so was the mouse, they both worked on the computer in the past and they both were plugged in all the way.
It sounds like you could have some damaged windows files then. Are you able to use your keyboard before your startup to go into safe mode or choose the last known good configuration? Do you have any extra keyboards or mouses that you can test at the back to make sure that it isn't the computer, or the mouse/keyboard themselves?
Don't know, I'll check.
Also, this may sound dumb, but make sure that you have the keyboard connected to the keyboard plugin at the back and same with the mouse....

You could also try a system diagnostics test to see if there's any problems there.
Use an on-screen keyboard in the meantime. Maybe you could re-install the drivers that came with the keyboard?
You should try and see if your keyboard works in the few screens before your computer loads (E.g POST screen, boot manager). If it does work, you know that It's something wrong with windows.

It could be a simple driver error, you should check the device manager for any irregularities. Any yellow ! will be your errors.
(03-28-2011, 04:38 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Also, this may sound dumb, but make sure that you have the keyboard connected to the keyboard plugin at the back and same with the mouse....

You could also try a system diagnostics test to see if there's any problems there.

They are, I triple checked that.
Did you plug in the keyboard and the mouse into some other desktop to see if its working? If it works on another desktop, you have a virus in "Windows XP back-up Desktop" or a hardware problem being keyboard and mouses fault. Keep me posted and we shall see what happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 4