Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with finding the best PDA
What is the best PDA in terms of "productivity" (The best for applications,the fastest) And with the best camera (Decent flashlight ) ...........

Thanks
The iPhone should work just fine. Smile

But if you're looking for a PDA maybe this will help you decide.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

An iPhone is definitely not a PDA, does it even have a word processor, power point viewer, PDF viewer or Zip archiver yet? If you are looking for a PDA then those are things you want because undoubtedly you will be viewing and manipulating those on the go a lot from emails.

A Windows mobile device is probably the way to go (though an android phone should have everything you need) but make use your device has decent specs as WM can be a little resource thirsty (no surprises there). These days its probably going to be easier and cheaper to find one with a phone built in and the HTC's are really number 1 in this field.

Take a look at the Touch Pro 2, its expensive but a brilliant unit: http://www.htc.com/au/product/touchpro2/overview.html
Or for something a little cheaper: http://www.htc.com/au/product/touchpro/overview.html

I had one of the basic HTC touches and it was a great phone but majorly under qualified in terms of specifications and ran very slow.

I now have an Nokia e71 and I strongly encourage you to take a look at these, they may seem less of a PDA than the HTCs but honestly it has 95% of the functionality, is a much better phone as a whole than the touch I had and the software is clean and stable (unlike WM on my touch). It has a word processor, opens PDFs, Powerpoint, has a Zip archiver and you can even print from the phone! (still working that one out....)
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
The iPhone is very much a PDA, actually. Even though I never said it was, I was just stating that it's better (because it is) than most "PDA's". And yes, you can easily get word processors, pdf viewers, powerpoint programs and archivers on the iPhone.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

True, the forum posts I was looking at were old but I still don't think there is a zip archiver (that will unzip any Zips) and I couldn't find any concrete programs to open power points as is.

Ps, that link to Cnet has PDAs from like 2004 Tongue
Quote:Reviewed by: Bonnie Cha
Edited by: William O'Neal
Reviewed on: 11/29/2004
Released on: 11/30/2004
Thanks a lot tim and mreGSX .........

Tim , i took a look at HTC pro and HTC pro2 , theyre quite nice.

What do u think about the samsung omnia ?
What would you choose between a samsung omnia and a HTC Diamond 2 ?
Well the Touch has more ram but the Samsung has a better processor. Other than that they are pretty simmilar so whatever you like the physical feel of and can get at a good price. I am a HTC fan so I would probably choose that but really, theres not much to seperate them.
Thanks a lot mate...........

And of course the Samsung runs java apps right (even if it has windows pocket pc i mean)?
fast, modern and camera only give short happiness as other people call you gadgeteers Smile
but, after 3-6 months, you will only need simple usage (as productivity):
- Contact
- Calendar
- Task
- Todo
- SMS/Call
- email/office (optional), not many people use this
- camera (most PDA have average results, not good as Digital Camera)

that's it..
on your busy work, you will need fast shortcut/easy navigation menu PDA.
and then only Treo (PDA) can meet this requirement ;)
Jailbroken iPhone will do everything said

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "PDA Help" Pondake 2 658 12-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Pondake
  PDA usage Dragon45 0 458 11-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Dragon45
  where is the PDA? Miku 7 829 05-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Confusedhatter