Support Forums

Full Version: Help with finding the best PDA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best PDA in terms of "productivity" (The best for applications,the fastest) And with the best camera (Decent flashlight ) ...........

Thanks
The iPhone should work just fine. Smile

But if you're looking for a PDA maybe this will help you decide.
An iPhone is definitely not a PDA, does it even have a word processor, power point viewer, PDF viewer or Zip archiver yet? If you are looking for a PDA then those are things you want because undoubtedly you will be viewing and manipulating those on the go a lot from emails.

A Windows mobile device is probably the way to go (though an android phone should have everything you need) but make use your device has decent specs as WM can be a little resource thirsty (no surprises there). These days its probably going to be easier and cheaper to find one with a phone built in and the HTC's are really number 1 in this field.

Take a look at the Touch Pro 2, its expensive but a brilliant unit: http://www.htc.com/au/product/touchpro2/overview.html
Or for something a little cheaper: http://www.htc.com/au/product/touchpro/overview.html

I had one of the basic HTC touches and it was a great phone but majorly under qualified in terms of specifications and ran very slow.

I now have an Nokia e71 and I strongly encourage you to take a look at these, they may seem less of a PDA than the HTCs but honestly it has 95% of the functionality, is a much better phone as a whole than the touch I had and the software is clean and stable (unlike WM on my touch). It has a word processor, opens PDFs, Powerpoint, has a Zip archiver and you can even print from the phone! (still working that one out....)
The iPhone is very much a PDA, actually. Even though I never said it was, I was just stating that it's better (because it is) than most "PDA's". And yes, you can easily get word processors, pdf viewers, powerpoint programs and archivers on the iPhone.
True, the forum posts I was looking at were old but I still don't think there is a zip archiver (that will unzip any Zips) and I couldn't find any concrete programs to open power points as is.

Ps, that link to Cnet has PDAs from like 2004 Tongue
Quote:Reviewed by: Bonnie Cha
Edited by: William O'Neal
Reviewed on: 11/29/2004
Released on: 11/30/2004
Thanks a lot tim and mreGSX .........

Tim , i took a look at HTC pro and HTC pro2 , theyre quite nice.

What do u think about the samsung omnia ?
What would you choose between a samsung omnia and a HTC Diamond 2 ?
Well the Touch has more ram but the Samsung has a better processor. Other than that they are pretty simmilar so whatever you like the physical feel of and can get at a good price. I am a HTC fan so I would probably choose that but really, theres not much to seperate them.
Thanks a lot mate...........

And of course the Samsung runs java apps right (even if it has windows pocket pc i mean)?
fast, modern and camera only give short happiness as other people call you gadgeteers Smile
but, after 3-6 months, you will only need simple usage (as productivity):
- Contact
- Calendar
- Task
- Todo
- SMS/Call
- email/office (optional), not many people use this
- camera (most PDA have average results, not good as Digital Camera)

that's it..
on your busy work, you will need fast shortcut/easy navigation menu PDA.
and then only Treo (PDA) can meet this requirement ;)
Jailbroken iPhone will do everything said