Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School taking over my life.
Just think of the payoff in the end when you're sitting back and enjoying the good life while there's people out there less fortunate and working hard earned hours to support their families.
(03-28-2011, 08:21 PM)Infinity Wrote: Just think of the payoff in the end when you're sitting back and enjoying the good life while there's people out there less fortunate and working hard earned hours to support their families.

Thanks Smile

Gives me something to look forward to. If I can sacrifice 15 months of my life and devote it to study, I'll have no regrets in the future. Non
[Image: intel.gif]
Quit the debating
I posted earlier, I'm planning on doing that, although I don't think it will make too much of a difference.
[Image: intel.gif]
(03-28-2011, 09:56 AM)iolaka Wrote: You learn nothing at school, they just give you paperwork - school's done.

It's pointless IMO, you're better off getting someone to explain things for you 1 on 1, without any interruptions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the goal of school isn't necessarily to make you learn all these facts and subjects, rather to teach you how to learn.

Any job you get worth having will involve a ton of paperwork so get used to it.
(03-29-2011, 08:20 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Any job you get worth having will involve a ton of paperwork so get used to it.

I highly disagree, by "worth having" do you mean money? or something that you like? If you choose a job because you like doing it, then it's worth having. But what if you were a hairdresser?

They only test your ability to learn, because they know everyone can't be an engineer, or everyone would do it. You need people doing a variety of jobs to have a functional community. Other then that, school is nothing. You learn more through your experience than you do from what school tells you. It's just there to sort out who's getting what career here and there.
(03-29-2011, 09:15 AM)Infinity Wrote: I highly disagree, by "worth having" do you mean money? or something that you like? If you choose a job because you like doing it, then it's worth having. But what if you were a hairdresser?

They only test your ability to learn, because they know everyone can't be an engineer, or everyone would do it. You need people doing a variety of jobs to have a functional community. Other then that, school is nothing. You learn more through your experience than you do from what school tells you. It's just there to sort out who's getting what career here and there.

I mean money wise, most jobs will involve a fair amount of paperwork, there is obviously a few exceptions.
(03-29-2011, 10:14 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: I mean money wise, most jobs will involve a fair amount of paperwork, there is obviously a few exceptions.

Jobs worth keeping are not related to money in all cases. Generally if you work with money or analyze data you have paperwork, or anything that involves a risk for people. Otherwise jobs don't have that much paperwork.

Jobs worth keeping doesn't always include money or those categories of jobs.
(03-29-2011, 11:33 AM)Infinity Wrote: Jobs worth keeping are not related to money in all cases. Generally if you work with money or analyze data you have paperwork, or anything that involves a risk for people. Otherwise jobs don't have that much paperwork.

Jobs worth keeping doesn't always include money or those categories of jobs.

I mean pay wise, as a rule of thumb the higher up you are, the more BS and paperwork you have to deal with.
(03-29-2011, 11:48 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: I mean pay wise, as a rule of thumb the higher up you are, the more BS and paperwork you have to deal with.

lol that's usually true, responsibility in todays world seems to mean more paperwork Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My IT Diploma - Please would anyone mind taking my survey? groovybluedog 11 1,556 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Oats
  future career, and what classes your taking to get there? Psychosis 25 5,228 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Spectrum
  Who here is taking the SAT? johngianni 16 3,272 05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Thomas