Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School taking over my life.
Does anybody else feel that school is taking over their life?

I'm in Year 11 currently, at a Top-10 school in my state, and probably in the Top-20 of my country. My school starts at 8:40am, I have to wake up at 6:45am, and I get home around 4pm on Mondays, 6:30pm every other day (sport and debating practice), and 10:30pm on Fridays (debating).

I'm flooded with homework every night; the earliest I sleep is 11pm, and some nights I'm up until 3-4am, just finishing it off.

I have compulsory sport on Saturdays, and also get tuition for Maths on Saturdays, and Economics and Chemistry on Sundays.

I feel like I have no time to myself anymore. Does anyone have any advice I can go forth with to ease the workload or at least stress I have? Is anyone else also feeling school is taking over their life?
Quit your sport or debate team if you really feel overwhelmed. I don't see how else you could change your situation.
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
Sport is compulsory, and I'm thinking of quitting debating, though I think that will make the least of differences. Thanks for your suggestions, though.
You are in this situation because of the academic standard of your school, and your current year level. You need to be sure of your decision if you plan to quit any subjects, because there is probably competition among your peers to keep up as well.

Focus on your goal of university. What are the qualifying grades for your courses of choice, and do you also plan on getting a scholarship? Can you replace compulsory sporting activity with more relaxing alternatives?

Finding a balance will ease your sense that "school is taking over" which may be an indication of stress or burnout.
yes i feel that too :/ sometimes i cant focuse on studyng because i keep thinking what i need or want to do Confused
You learn nothing at school, they just give you paperwork - school's done.

It's pointless IMO, you're better off getting someone to explain things for you 1 on 1, without any interruptions.

(03-28-2011, 09:56 AM)iolaka Wrote: You learn nothing at school, they just give you paperwork - school's done.

It's pointless IMO, you're better off getting someone to explain things for you 1 on 1, without any interruptions.

Take all the advice above my post except this one. Pinch

[Image: 1249325580.jpg]
If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. - Craig Owens
Usually this is the other way around..

Nevertheless, I don't know, I'd say it's a good thing. You keep yourself occupied with something that will have a profound positive impact on yourself in the future.

I can see if you feel like that don't have fun, but in that case just drop some extracurriculars and maybe take some easier classes next year.

Knowledge is valuable, and you might as well exploit its resources as long as you can. Once you get out of school, you're on your own. Nobody is going to hold your hand anymore.
I don't splel check.
Thanks everyone. I'm currently doing 14 units at school (the maximum number of subjects you can do), so I think I'll have to drop some of them. I know it's not a long time, but I think I'd still like to have a social life and free time between now and the next year and a half or so.
Nobody likes school dude, everyone has to deal with it. I personally hate school, but I get good grades because I put at least some effort into it. I figured if I gotta do it, I mine as well try.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My IT Diploma - Please would anyone mind taking my survey? groovybluedog 11 1,556 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Oats
  future career, and what classes your taking to get there? Psychosis 25 5,228 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Spectrum
  Who here is taking the SAT? johngianni 16 3,272 05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Thomas