Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best screen capture software for the PC?
Don't even go with HyperCam, the quality is horrible compared to Camtasia, and i've even tried HyperCam3.. I now use the latest version of Camtasia studio and I can honestly count it at the top of your list for the program to get. Full editing interface and functionality for every screen recording too. It's all you'll ever need if you are going for good recordings.
For gaming, Fraps (full version) is easily the best but for general pc stuff Camtasia.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-22-2011, 04:52 AM)Untouch Wrote: For gaming, Fraps (full version) is easily the best but for general pc stuff Camtasia.

I tried using Fraps to record my DAII gameplay but it always stops randomly.
(03-22-2011, 08:00 AM)Nemmyy Wrote: I tried using Fraps to record my DAII gameplay but it always stops randomly.

That's because it's a trial version and it will only record a certain amount of time. Try finding a crack for it or buy it on the Fraps website.

I use Fraps for gaming and this is the quality that I get from my recording

I don't know what program to use though for HD screen recording, if I knew about one I was thinking about doing tutorial videos
(03-21-2011, 07:11 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: For mentioning TPB and suggesting I get it there. I don't care but sometimes a mod will notice, edit your post, and warn you. It's happened to me lol.

What's wrong with the TPB? Singling-out an entire website just because there are some bad torrents doesn't seem fair whatsoever. I've download tons of great works from TPB, as I'm sure others have. The post stays unless staff deliberately remove it. If someone wants to warn me for it, so be it. I'm not going against my perception of TPB just to conform to a rule I don't share a common belief for.
(03-23-2011, 03:48 PM)Solidify Wrote: What's wrong with the TPB? Singling-out an entire website just because there are some bad torrents doesn't seem fair whatsoever. I've download tons of great works from TPB, as I'm sure others have. The post stays unless staff deliberately remove it. If someone wants to warn me for it, so be it. I'm not going against my perception of TPB just to conform to a rule I don't share a common belief for.

I'm not singling out TPB, what i'm saying is the discussion of torrenting and copyright infringement isn't allowed. w/e discuss this elsewhere.
(03-24-2011, 06:05 AM)Nemmyy Wrote: I'm not singling out TPB, what i'm saying is the discussion of torrenting and copyright infringement isn't allowed. w/e discuss this elsewhere.

Some torrents don't follow copyright infringement though, therefore it wouldn't be considered warez if you look at it that way. Unless he specified a specific torrent that would be illegally obtained or against copyright rule, I think it could be allowed.

If you think about it, I could provide download links in the form of torrents for all of my personally created graphics/tutorials/programs/etc, and it wouldn't be considered as warez
(03-24-2011, 09:56 AM)Infinity Wrote: Some torrents don't follow copyright infringement though, therefore it wouldn't be considered warez if you look at it that way. Unless he specified a specific torrent that would be illegally obtained or against copyright rule, I think it could be allowed.

If you think about it, I could provide download links in the form of torrents for all of my personally created graphics/tutorials/programs/etc, and it wouldn't be considered as warez

I know.
(03-24-2011, 06:05 AM)Nemmyy Wrote: I'm not singling out TPB, what i'm saying is the discussion of torrenting and copyright infringement isn't allowed. w/e discuss this elsewhere.

That was directed toward the idiocy of the rule, not you. Don't take it personal.
I personally like using Jing- http://www.techsmith.com/Jing/?gclid=CLP...4AodeAFDcg
It's a little yellow half-circle that stays at the top of your screen and when you click it, it lets you choose a region to screencap or record, then you can edit it with a built in editor. It's really neat and fast.