Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the best anti-virus is?
ESET smart security is the baws! It got it own firewall which is very good and also a very good AV .
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
I personally like Avira. I think it has a superior detection rate to other AVs and it doesn't slow down your PC at all. It doesn't take too much control of your PC and allows you to ignore detected files that you trust. It scans and removes malware fast too.

I've heard good things about Nod32 though. I've heard it's very light weight which is something I'm looking for. Kaspersky is another AV I've heard good things about, but I'm not willing to pay. There are plenty of good free AVs out there.

I'm actually contemplating whether I want an AV or not. Right now I'm fine with just using Malwarebytes, Spybot, Windows Firewall, and common sense.
[Image: 236D6C1BC04C75C6D2E0000BD41E69BB.png]
(04-24-2011, 02:15 PM)ReactioNz Wrote: Probably AVG.

AVG would be the lowest on the list. It's just a free alternative for people who want a commonly used AV to protect their system without having to pay anything. Basically a cheap freeby that doesn't do a whole lot for you.
In my opinion, ESET is the best free antivirus. It catches a lot of information...
1) Avira
2) kaspersky
3) ESET

Always use Avira, but kaspersky is very good if you buy it.
- Avira
- NOD32
- Kaspersky

Those will be my top 3 realtime scanners.
For a non-realtime it would be:
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware
I personally think that AVG and Kaspersky are the best ones out there
There are a lot of Anti-Virus softwares out there on the market, many free ones and many paid ones. Not a lot of them stand out for what they are though. I'm guessing that the best free Anti-Virus software would be AVG Free, simply because of the vast amount of people that use it and the amount of updates released for it. The best paid one is probably Norton Ghost for me, since I use it and have not experienced any viruses or problems in the past 3 years, since I first started using it.
(05-02-2011, 07:17 PM)Grumpy Wrote: There are a lot of Anti-Virus softwares out there on the market, many free ones and many paid ones. Not a lot of them stand out for what they are though. I'm guessing that the best free Anti-Virus software would be AVG Free, simply because of the vast amount of people that use it and the amount of updates released for it. The best paid one is probably Norton Ghost for me, since I use it and have not experienced any viruses or problems in the past 3 years, since I first started using it.

That's not how it works with AVG, it's still one of the lowest rated for 2011
I like avast along with malwarebytes.
That's what i install on my costumers computers and never had complaints.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Get] Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 - 3 Months Free Reaper 6 2,643 12-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  link getting redirected ? virus ? prince76 25 10,772 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Is it true that Commodo Firewall interferes with Avast Anti-virus? Alreiger 8 3,500 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Alreiger
  What Anti-Virus do you guys use? 0 554 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  What anti-virus do you use? Mystic Guru 121 42,190 11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Last Post: New Jersey