Support Forums

Full Version: What do you think the best anti-virus is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Free or Paid

What do you think is the best Anti-Virus software for Windows?

IMO my top 3 would be:

- Kaspersky
- AVG
- Nod32

What do you guys think?

avaira
norton
nod
I have norton personally, nothing has ever slipped through.
Norton is great, some people complain about how much of a memory hog it is, however, the 2011 version is actually quite improved from the amount of CPU that the 2007/08 versions used to take up.

You forgot BitDefender as well. AVG is a piece of sh*t to be quite honest.

BitDefender, Kaspersky, Norton are the 3 that i've had the most success with on blocking intrusions and malware. Scanners in them are good too.
ill go for nod32 because it does not hog my CPU.
(03-19-2011, 11:55 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Norton is great, some people complain about how much of a memory hog it is, however, the 2011 version is actually quite improved from the amount of CPU that the 2007/08 versions used to take up.

You forgot BitDefender as well. AVG is a piece of sh*t to be quite honest.

BitDefender, Kaspersky, Norton are the 3 that i've had the most success with on blocking intrusions and malware. Scanners in them are good too.

I personally have no problems with AVG, I have had plenty of positive experiences with AVG.
(03-19-2011, 11:59 PM)Yahoo! Wrote: [ -> ]I personally have no problems with AVG, I have had plenty of positive experiences with AVG.
No avg is pretty bad in my opinion. Its misses a lot of malware and hogs up a lot of memory and ram.

Also my 100 post i think.
Nod 32/Avast.
I would go for Avira. Kaspersky and ESET NOD32 are fine as well. Even Microsoft Essentials is catching up.

(03-19-2011, 11:55 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]AVG is a piece of sh*t to be quite honest.

You took those words straight from my mouth.

(03-20-2011, 12:16 AM)Quintus Wrote: [ -> ]I would go for Avira. Kaspersky and ESET NOD32 are fine as well. Even Microsoft Essentials is catching up.

You took those words straight from my mouth.
Great minds think a like! But yes Avira is always amazing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6