Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the best anti-virus is?
I personally use Avira, and after using many others (avast, norton, avg, panda, kaspersky, mcafee, etc.) I can say that Avira is my favorite. I also love COMODO firewall.
Spyware Doctor, Avast, or Microsoft Essentials.
Norton is terrible, Mcafee is worse, Kaspersky and NOD32 are the best. AVG and Avast are right in the low ranking line after mcafee and norton. Easy as that.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
the best antivirus for me is....
AVG and Nod32.....
[Image: l_bf3b360235ef4a9cb0a03799f7e93aeb.jpg]
Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight
Avira
VIPRE
Malaware Bytes

Those would be more top 3.
I think the best antivirus at the moment is Avira.
My top three would consist of Avira, Norton and Avast, although it depends on the activities your doing.
I have been using NOD32 for years after trying out several different AVs. It is a nice balance of control and end-user interaction, with great detection (especially if you enable the webscanning function that scans all code, links, and files going through the ports normally used for surfing). While I usually don't endorse Microsoft products and it does have issues, I think that MSE is a pretty good free AV scanner, although it can be improved by tweaking it - one example is editing the registry to increase the frequency of update checking. Remember, AV software doesn't catch all types of malware as well, so I use it in conjunction with MBAM and COMODO firewall (only the firewall function).
I go for microsoft security essentials, I use it and I'm very happy with it. But I generally don't download files from places I don't trust.
Overall: I think that, McAfee - Norton - Microsoft Security Essential - Windows Defender (no choice there) - Other 3rd Part Anti-Viruses are terrible, no good computer memory leeching suckers.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 would be better if my laptop had not crashed all the time when it updates, I will try NOD32 next, then avira. These last three are the total best.
[Image: t5BWm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Get] Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 - 3 Months Free Reaper 6 2,643 12-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  link getting redirected ? virus ? prince76 25 10,772 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Is it true that Commodo Firewall interferes with Avast Anti-virus? Alreiger 8 3,500 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Alreiger
  What Anti-Virus do you guys use? 0 554 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  What anti-virus do you use? Mystic Guru 121 42,190 11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Last Post: New Jersey